and imo overall Q>Mag

Bronze Member
Username: Jester_king

Post Number: 87
may I ask why, you would go with the q over the MAG

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
my choices right now are either 1 18" Q powered by a Hifonics BXi 1206D, or a 15" new MAG powered by a sundown SAZ-1500D amp, also would I can get the MAG and sundown amp for 800 shipped

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1687
My 2 cents

18" Q on the Sundown SAZ1500D. Oh nelly

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 839
If its only out of those 2 setups id definitly take the mag and sundown setup.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12229
why the Q with the hifo..not a sundown??

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2641
I would wait for the new SI Mag to come out. People will buy, test, and give a review. After that you should see what you would prefer.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6349
I have both. In my case the Q is closely comparable to the Mag with the edge given to the Q as an overall cost factor. SQ difference is negligible and Fi's service is top notch. Never had to deal with SI's service as the Mag never missed a beat since I got her. Since most ppl are on a budget the Q just makes sense. TC sounds also makes great/affordable products as well.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 676
If cost is a big factor, also look at the RD Alpha. SQ is there with the Q and MAG, and right now will save you a little money. I have a new Alpha D2 15 I can give you a great deal on.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
I have been looking in on TC sounds LMS drivers, I heard they have exalent sql but are kinda pricy the 5400 lol looks bad a s s and I've been trying to look at the 4100neo but it wont let me, also I've been hearing about the alpha and thats an option, this is great I am really getting some great suggestions thank you, ok sofar its,

Fi Q
SI MAG
RD alpha
TC sounds (witch one)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1697
TC-2000
TC-3000

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 578
I don't know a single person who has owned both and would take the Q over the mag. From a SQ standpoint the mag has always been said to outperform the Q. Go to SSA and get some opinions from some people who have had a lot of expieriance with both drivers.

And if money is an issue compare the alpha to the Q. That is a much better comparison at the same price point. The mags overall output with its SQ puts it in a league of its own at that price point.

But like I said go to SSA and talk to plenty of people who have actually owned mags instead of getting just 1 opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
but like i said out of all the brands i want the best sq

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 680
With the best SQ out of them,Alpha, MAG, or Q. Never heard a Q in person, and TC sounds products do not impress me. I heard the Q has almost the SQ as the MAG until you go above the RMS rating of the Q and it looses Sq. You can email me if interested in either.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6364
While I have both subs I didn't mention the fact that I replaced the Mag with an 18" Q for a little deeper response. In my application I got it. It would take plenty of booze for me to replace a 15" Mag with a 15" Q. My Mag is spoken for so when the new one is released I might grab one for my own selfish reasons.

There just isn't enough time in the day to experiement with all the toys out there as well as what's on the horizon. I have a 12" Eclipse TI, 15" Mag, and an 18" Q. I want to try an Ava b4 they're extinct, TC sounds has plenty of fine SQ drivers, and like everyone and their mother patiently waiting on AA. What starts out as a hobby quickly turns into a $%#@! obsession.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4285
good point, and the Q is a great performer and my MAG is amazing so really its all personal choice, just buy both and pick the one you like the most. either way i highly doubt youll be disappointed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us