Damaged JL 12" W7

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 12
Ok my little cousins where over my house and they droped something on my sub. It caused a pretty big rip in the subwoofer. 4-5 in. What do I do? Can the sub be repaired? Will it sound the same?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2620
is it on the cone or the surround? If its the cone...maybe. If its the surround, you can repair it. Theres a kit made to repair the surround if it gets torn. But most likely, in your case, I'm assuming its the cone. Either way, if you were to decide to send it to JL to have it repaired, it would cost nearly as much as a new subwoofer (from what I heard). Anyways, take pictures and post them up.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 372
yea it will cost a dollar or two...i mean its gonna be expensive if its a BIG tear, and it is from what you say.

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 84
Wow that sux's, u prolly can fix it, but money will be involved

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2775
IMHO if it is the cone it is easier to fix, the surround is more of a PITA! Polo.. :-)

PS- Post pics...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2446
"rip in the subwoofer. 4-5 in. What do I do? Can the sub be repaired? Will it sound the same?"

If the rip really is that big I reccomend sending it in to JL for a repair and it WILL cost you.If you do it yourself I have a feeling it will rip again or fall apart upon excursion.

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 13
w7.jpg

My buddy came by and helped me repair it. This is what it looks like now. Do you guys think the sq should be affected by the rip? I hope not.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 373
it depends...i cant really tell from the pic bc its not a close up...regardless its not gonna sounds 100% like it should but if you did a good job on the repair then it should be sounding pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 721
Should sound the same as long as just the DC was damaged.

JL will repair for 175. Plus ship. A new one is 440.

That reminds me......

Upload

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 374
i will have to show my friend this that thinks hes the fauckin sh*t with his 2 13"'s

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 202
^^^ lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us