Sound deadener

Bronze Member
Username: Strike5858

Post Number: 11
Looking to install some sound deadener in my truck. Their are so many diff brands and diff prices. Dont know where to start when it comes to deciding which brand i should go with. Just looking for some feedback on the types of deadeners you guys have used and how they worked out for you.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4278
used edead v1 2 this last time and it worked great, no complaints at all. and i've also used it in other peoples' cars and they all like it to. really cheap to at .80 cents a sqft. dynamat xtreme works well to, but the edead is alot cheaper and you can edead about twice as much area for the same price, maybe cheaper, and get the same results if not better than the dynamat. second skin is supposedly the best, know maybe a few people personally that use it and they say it is well worth the money (cause it aint cheap). some here use peel n seel which you can get at lowes or home depot, but i've never used it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4251
sounddeadenershowdown.com

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 536
long story short, edead for budget and good quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
im in cali and it gets pretty hot during the summer.(mid 100s) My truck might be exposed to those temps for hours at a time... will edead hold up?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4259
instead of ignoring the link i posted look threw that site and it will show you exactly what will happen to edead at those temps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I read through that website. There was good info...but I was just hoping someone had actual experience with installing the stuff in their own cars. The set up he has doesnt really replicate conditions in a actual car. Yeah he is heating it up but it was a bit extreme. Just looking for some feedback from ppl that actually have it in there cars or have experience with edead.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4284
like i said before i have edead v1 2 in my car and have put it in others. never had a problem with it falling off at all, not a bit. the only thing with that link is that test was done 2 years ago when it was still asphalt based. maybe that had something to do with it, i don't know. all i know is that i really like the performance i have gotten from mine and for my next car i plan on going edead again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks Mike. You said you got it for $.80/sq ft. where from? Was that with shipping? On ebay it looks like the got 120 sq ft. for $130 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 696
i've found that a combo of the edead liquid and edead laydown works the best...the laydown works the best but the liquid allows you to reach every corner.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 594
http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php
Elemental Designs sells it on their site.

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 165
"i've found that a combo of the edead liquid and edead laydown works the best...the laydown works the best but the liquid allows you to reach every corner."

I plan on that same technique I had a problem with falling before and thats a good way to insure it doesn't happen again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us