L7's blown lol??????

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 230
Well 2day I was playing em and all of a sudden thy didn't sound right so I popped da trunk looked at em and 1 was playin waaaaaaay harder than the other one and it didn't sound right at all.... so I turned down the gain on the amp tht was going 2 the sub (I have 2 amps same exact kind for both) and it didn't sound tht good but it didn't sound as bad as when the gain was way up and on my other L7 I have to turn the gain on that amp waaay higher than the gain on the other amp to match the excursion of the other 1 any ideas y??? I'm planning on gettin 2 ssd's soon jus need 2 sell these first tho...

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 277
are you sure they are matching voice coils?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2206
Well, that's what happens with L7s. When people talk about their bad build quality, this is what they mean.

In any case you will need better subs than SSDs if you want them to be as loud.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1003
"I have to turn the gain on that amp waaay higher than the gain on the other amp to match the excursion of the other 1 any ideas y???"

WOW i literally lol'd

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Clipping

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 231
Weel m.s wat do u suggest bcuz I hear the ssd's are pretty good... and blanford wats so funny I'm not an expert at this stuff so relax and be helpful instead of an a**....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
you may have been clipping them..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1783
take a peek at the vc on it and see if its black

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2207
For something louder than an L7, look into a DD 35 series or Audioque HD3. People say the Fi BL is good also but I haven't heard it.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1745
maybe one of the VCs came unhooked inside the box on one sub...therefore its only 1/2 way playin plus gettn less power...just a thought...did u check inside the box yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us