HD315 or BTL15?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 166
As stated above what sub? I am going for spl but it needs to have good sound quality

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12618
both are awesome. i love the way my btl's sound. also i love the way the hd3's sound. bernymac has the hd3's and it sounds nice also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
ok...does one produce more spl than the other?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12620
its hard to say. they both hit good. i am happy with the way mine hits. i mean i am doing 149+ db in bassrace so i am happy with mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
i am looking at getting a new car...either a toyota yaris or a toyota prius. The yaris has 25 cu ft of space for a system and i am not sure about the prius.right now i am leaning toward the yaris now just how many subs do i want...lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12623
more the merrier.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
yea but i think four of either of those subs would be pushing it in the yaris by the way the would be in a box with aero ports not to sure if they make a bigger alternator for the yaris either

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12624
also remember these subs weight 50+ lbs each.

one is enough i think. especially in a small car like that.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 558
thats a lotta dough for amps and charging upgrades if you want to run 4...if you arent going to be competing then more then 1 or 2 would be quite unneccesary imo

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1670
One AudioQue HD3 12"15" on 1500RMS will BANG in either of those rides. If you want louder then use two HD3 12"15" on 3000RMS. But don't forget about charging system upgrades very important.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
yea a lotta money but i do want to compete but like i said i am not sure if they make a larger alternator for either vehicle. But i am thinking two audioque HD3 15" on 4000rms

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2607
2 subs is all you need IMO. I wanted to do 4 subs before but 2 hd315's for me and I'm coo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
what are you hitting Berny?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2608
145 on 2000rms. I'll get you scores later when I put them on 6krms. Its loud man. really you only need 2. 4 blts or hd3's is realllllly loud. You will be happy with 2 no doubt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
i am curious as to how many dbs i could hit with 2 HD315 subs in the Yaris in 5.5 cubes per sub aero ports

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2612
with 4krms, you should be in the high 140's. Not going to say you will hit 150, because that is a hard goal indeed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
well i am already hitting the low 150's with just one HD315 on 1600 watts rms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gARCAee9p3w

i cant find the vid of it being metered but i am going to get it metered again in a few weeks. so i will post it wheni get uit metered again

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2613
ah, didn't know that video was yours. nice. Anyways I don't know what to tell you. If thats not loud enough then do 4 like you originally planned to do, thats all I can say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
i am hoping that the two in a different car will be louder...i guess we will have to wait and see...i want the loudest i can. and glad you like the vid. and if i do four i will probablly run 1000-1500watts rms to each sub

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2615
I'm running mines with 1000rms each. They get very loud for low power. I'm the type of person who doesn't like to push his subs to the max.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
i figure 1000 watts rms to each sub shouldnt be to much for amps and electrical upgrades

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 331
joey do u think u could post a vid of ur HD3's in action??? and are they a good SQL sub??

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808TbJc-CcU

there is berny macs vid :-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1682
Cody Scott

I don't have HD3s I konw a couple of people that do. And if you put them in the right box they will sound good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
yea my sub sounds good even though it is just a spl setup. i just want it to be louder

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 87
Both subs are excellent drivers, you cant go wrong with either. I dont think I would build the box at 5.5 though for either sub, more around 3.5-4, is what I would recommend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
well mark potts built the box for me in the video that you seen earlier...like i said it is for spl applications
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us