Sealing off trunk

Bronze Member
Username: Technique24

Post Number: 46
Would there be any benefit to sealing off the trunk with just the port going in the cab but with the sub firing to the back instead of both the port and sub firing back? I know the best option is to fire both the sub and port in the cab but I don't have that option so I'm wondering if this would be worth it.

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 91
im having problems with my trunk as well. i have a sealed box and all the sound is being trapped in my trunk. if i fold down my seats the sub is about 2x louder (literally) its rediculous difference. but my amp is mounted on the back of the seat so when i lay it down it displays my 1000w amp ... which means theres a 1000w sub to go with it. dont want to get robbed and its a pain to put the seat up and down every time i ride. i heard a suggestion to take out my back speakers (they are directly above the sub - which fires upward right at them... thats the only way it would fit - 13w7 in a hyundai trunk) but i would rather keep my speakers. do i have any other options?! im also thinking a dynamat trunk kit will help push the sound into the cab cuz my trunk vibrates so hard it looks like it might pop open lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 92
and technique i would port to the cab and sub to the back JMO but depends on the specific setup/car/sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us