140 amp alt

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 772
i was wonderin would a 140a be good enough for zx2500.1? if not would it be good enough for 2 memphis prd1000.1's?

cause the biggest amp alt i found was 460$ + 40$ shipping, and it wasnt much bigger

140a 144$, 200a 460$, thats why i kinda wann stay with the 140

ohh and i will have either 1 or 2 EXTRA 1000 amp everstart batts for 69 a piece, for back in trunk

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1304
No, 140A is not enough for zx2500.1. Are you sure iraggi doesn't have a big enough alt? You may need to just get like a 300A alt that doesn't fit as is and get another set of brackets to get it mounted in there. I'm not sure of your budget for all this, but maybe some of the more expensive companies like ohio gen or hoalternators.com can make a more powerful one for your car? BTW what kind of a car is it and what year?

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
its is a 85 oldsmobile cutlass salon,

thanks a lot oleg, cause ill be looking at those rite now

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
ohh and a oldsmobile 307 motor

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1307
If you have a large budget, try getting quotes from these companies:

motorcityreman.com
hoalternators.com
ohiogen.com

excessiveamperage.com is a cheaper option and i personally own their alt - i highly recommend. Btw did you contact iraggi for the alt?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 359
With extra batteries like you will have and a 140amp alt, you will be able to run this amp. I've read that they are very effecient. Kicker designed them for use in daily driver systems, in which people have minimal electrical upgrades.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1282
Unless you're one of those people that listens to Bass Mechanik on the verge of clipping 24/7 I would expect 140 to get it done. The '85 olds probably doesn't have a huge stock electrical system so a lot of that 140a will be available for the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us