Rd Alpha, BTL, HD3, Mojo

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 326
Out of those subs i named can u guys rate them for me and tell me your thoughts(1-10)...Ill be running roughly around 2000 wrms...I was just wondering wat sub would get loudest off that ammount of power?? And rate SQ..SQL..or SPL..Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2289
Alpha is more SQL.. I would say the BTL and HD3 would get louder... I don't know about Memphis subs all that well but the quad coil mojo can get pretty loud. i would say the loudest would be the HD3 or Alpha untill you get into like 3000+ watts

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 770
btl
hd3
rd alpha
mojo

jmo, but dont get me wrong, those mojos can get loud as sh!t in good setup, i know i said this a lot but at the shop they installed 2 mojo 15's on 1 4kw in custom box and done upper 154's, but either of those are better than the other when i comes to different setups, all are great woofers

MAINLY INSTALL

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 195
The BTL can be customized to your install.

Bronze Member
Username: Slapshot94

Post Number: 29
i'm thinkin about the BTL also but i want it to be loud and last. What features should i get?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12610
i've had my btl 15s fully loaded for 8 months now. i really abuse these subs. i mean abuse them. they are still going strong (knock on wood).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
do they hit everything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i am only getting one and putting it in a 4 cubic box and running a 2000 watt rms earthquake at one ohm.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12611
they hit everything. i love the sq on mine. at first it sounded bad but once the spider got a bit loose, it got alot cleaner. you wouldn't think its a spl sub if you sat in my car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
that is sick to hear! i am glad when they get worked in they sound good. if i heard they did not hit alot i was going to go with the bl.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2436
"they hit everything. i love the sq on mine. at first it sounded bad but once the spider got a bit loose, it got alot cleaner. you wouldn't think its a spl sub if you sat in my car."

Suuuuure Chad,keep telling yourself those subs sound good.You're only lying to yourself :-) Just playin man.If it didn't sound good your name wouldn't be Chad Lee or something like that.-_- Azn Face FTW.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12613
hahahaha rob.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2676
Chad you where the first guy on this forum with BTL's right? Why doesnt anyone ever look at DD no more???? Its not that much more money seriously... i got my 15's for like 100$ more then a fully loaded BTL.... no extra options on the DD but it does the job just fine. How long did it take before they stopped changing SQ chad?(break in time) with all of that abuse you give them

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12616
well my subs started sounding good after a couple of weeks. then after my first comp with those subs, the sq just became awesome. i guess stressing it at the comp really made the spider break in.

as far as why i didn't get the DD? not sure why.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11440
if chad has managed to keep his subs for a whole 8mths then that must say something on how good btl is ......

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 327
so chad does the BTL get the highs good?? along with the lows??

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12634
i ain't gonna lie to you cody. the higher frequencies can be better. i set my lpf to around 70hz and it sounds nice. anything above that and it just doesn't sound right.

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 328
damn...that sucks cuz i like those mids and highs just as much as the lows

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7206
HD3.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1089
if you like mids and high bass you gotta try out the WMD. little weak on the lows but once you get around 45 or 50 HZ they really come to life. and decent SQ

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 661
Hey Chad, what amp do you have running to your BTL?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1445
he has a memphis 4kw per btl

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1446
and chad, i know what you mean about the 70hz+. it does sound kinda funny up in that area on the BLs but i personally dont like anything over that playing through my subs anyways.

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 329
logan does the HD3 get loud?? also does it have good mids and highs...and also lows?? im looking for a SQL sub

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12657
exactly tremor. the lows are important and the fi subs will deliver. so will all the other subs mentioned. i really don't need the subs to play above 70hz cause my comps do a good job of playing the mid bass.

cody the subs you mentioned are spl oriented subs. you can't expect much sq from them. if you want a sub that will blend in at the higher frequencies well, you should look in to the mag, fi q, or some other sql subs. not saying the subs you mentioned sound bad but from what you are asking, you need a sub that sounds good not a sub that is powerful.

Silver Member

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 330
well see right now i have a 12" Q chad...and i just want louder..with a lil less sq..i heard the mojo over the weekend at a comp and it did 144 db..it was like a perfect to when they played music to show it off..it hit those lows and those mids and highs awesome...that mojo is definetly a SQL sub..But my question is now will like the hd3 or BTL out preform it??

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1009
man its all in the install, but i think the the hd3 and the btl definitely have the chance to out perform it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us