4 15s porting help

Username: Pedro4presidentk

Post Number: 1
im designing and buidling a ported box to go into the back of a saturn SW2 1993. I have a 32 x 32 x 32 inch space in the trunk area.

The front face of the box will be tilted 10degrees backward to make the box stand at 30.1 inches high. The front face is 32 x 32. The four fifteens (need suggestions on a budget sub. MA audio looks decent) will be mounted on this face.

The top, if you do the math, is approximately 21.1 inches in depth and obviously 32 wide.

I need suggestions on how to port the box for SPL. (What type of port, and where) ANY help will be appreiciated

Bronze Member
Username: Mikeneufeld

Abbotsford, BC Canada

Post Number: 15
what kinda subs u running, how much port do they need, power???

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 392
well im sure everyone is getting redy to ask... whats your "budget" .... the cheapest spl sub i kno is pioneer premier... not sure if they come in 15s tho.. 12s are like 90$

Post Number: 2
i dont have any subs yet, but im thinkin around 1000watts apiece...i saw these MA audio ones for a decent price...15 inch 800-900 watts...not too helpful.
I think this is it:
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/40000024/Images/2/MAAudio151XQ. jpg

Are these any good at all?

(BTW im not talking a TRUE competition car...say something that pushes between 134 and 140 dB)

i can take care of buying electrical equipment...its the box i need help with..
However, i know the literal basket of the subwoofer affects air space

One more thing, is there a compny out there that sells boxes that can house four 15s? ive looked and never been able to find a square or cube box like that

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 402
better off building it on ur own... a custom box would run u 300$+... still never answerd, wats ur budget

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 660
What is your budget for subs, and amp/s. If you want those kinda numbers, no need for 4 15's, and in that kinda space you aren't going to accomplish much. What kind of electrical system do you have?

Kevin

Post Number: 3
again, im taking care of the electrical side
itll be 4x "MA150sq" or "MA150xe". the amp will determined in a few weeks

Budget for the box lets say will be about 100?
all i need is six pieces of MDF right? and maybe 2 plastic ports?
I can get a deal on all this stuff...i just need to know where to put a port on the box

Here's a basic drawing of what i had in mind
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5994/1000610fd6.th.jpg

Any help on the placement of the port, or the dimensions of the box...Anything anlong these lines would be appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us