(2) 05 Comp VR's- best amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Aaron_c

Arkansas

Post Number: 39
I currently have a Power Acoustik TS1920-2 amplifier pushing my two 2-ohm subs (bought 4-ohms, they sent me the wrong speaker, and wouldn't take it back). What's a better amplifier for a similar price ($150ish) to push these? This PA amp is only 2 ohm stable.

thanks,
Aaron

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 672
Are they dual 2's or single 2's. What is rms on them?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4285
if thier compvr's then there dual 2ohm vc (i think the only kicker line that comes single vc is the comps, i believe) and i think the rms is about 500w. they take about 300-600wrms daily in my opinion. maybe more if smart about it and it's clean power. i was giving my 15" cvr about 800wrms, give or take, daily for a couple months with no problem.

you could look into a kicker zx750.1, that'd be a good match.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1315
That's a really small budget, Aaron. Can you hang on a bit and get the zx750.1? It's $240 shipped on eBay and it's really solid.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaron_c

Arkansas

Post Number: 65
Well I could, but my entire system is for sale . I decided to just start from scratch, so I'm going with two AudioQue SD2.5 12's and either a Hifonics amp or an Orion amp, depending on my cash flow at the time. I'm using this money from selling everything to help fund this lol.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1318
Then I suppose you can run them off a hifonics bxi1206D since you're on a tight budget...it should be pretty decent.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us