Box too big? MB quart 15"

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 384
sorry i dint think ppl would read my other post, becuz i commented on this at the end... but the box is 3.0cuft, 35 hz... aero ported... its it too big? shuld i add some box stuffin, if so how much?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1147
Nah you should be fine with that box even thought it is a bit big. Adding filler makes the box bigger not smaller.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 385
adding box stuffing, makes the box bigger???.... that dont make sense...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1149
Box filler slows down the bass waves so that they take longer to develop and exit the ports... giving the effect of a larger box.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 386
wow... really?... anything i can do to make the box smaller? or shuld i be fine with this.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1151
You'll be fine like I said.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 389
just thought of something if stuffing makes it bigger. then why dont ppl who have trunk space issues, make a box that fits and is small and just add stuffing to it?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1370
stuffing mainly used for sealed boxs.... if tha subs sounds good in it do it i run 5 cubes to my treo i was told by a lot of ppl thats too big... but it mad me hit 138.9 with a skippin cd player n kept blowing fuses LOL

run that chit man LOL if it sounds good do it.... the man. gives u a best of both world to recomendation..... just like motors cam manufactures give u suggestion to give u good results for ppl who want more they dont go by tha manufacture... they do there own way ; ) so c what it does

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 391
well right now, im having problems hitting low ( i think) for example... the sheit pounds the hell out of paul wall- break em off... but young jeezey- my hood... it wont hit... i mean it hits but nothing compared to break em off.. so i dont kno wat the prob is... i kno i have a bit of a ground loop not horrible.. but i kno thats messing a bit of my sound quality up so i gotta fix that today... any suggestions why its not hitting?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2293
different tones in different songs man... what songs hit the hardest all depends on what your box is tuned to. the jeezy line prolly doesn't peak in your tuning, but break em off does. you could use an eq like an epicenter or change the eqs on your amp to fiddle with it, but that's about all you can do

Gold Member

Post Number: 1372
yeah thats wut it is what hits on one song wont hit on another.... differetn freqs..... man so it will act diff

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 403
well i have 2 rockford p3s sitting around... do u think i should throw them in there for the lower freq?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4566
do not mix subs

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 406
nto even with different amp, and box...?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1373
thats weird to have dif subs in tha same car is that what u were gonna do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us