Big bass in Little space? 2 15"s

Username: Jason_ic

Usa

Post Number: 2
Hey everyone.

I had a custom sealed enclosure built to sit behind the third row of seats in my expedition. It is a sealed box built to hold 2 15" subs, offering two 1.75 ft3 divided. The mounting depth is relatively shallow at 7.5" im looking for the best of both worlds in terms of sound quality and loudness. I listen to techno and rap if that helps. budget is not so much a concern, but I do love money.

I was looking at a few subs: (all are dual 4 ohm)

memphis m1
image dynamics idq
re sr's

so which do you folks think would suit my needs? maybe another brand?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2281
I would go with some DD 1515s or RE SE's personally, but IDQs are nice. More of an SQ sub than SQL. The 1515s and the SEs will get loud and still sound nice.

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 238
mach5 maw 15. i have been hearing alot of good things about these lately on another forum.

Usa

Post Number: 3
I cant find too much information about DD 1515's concerning recommended sealed enclosure space.

RE's website claims the mounting depth of the SE is 7.75 inches, when my enclosure is 7.5 inches. would that still work??

im also going to try to find more info about those mach5.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 515
"RE's website claims the mounting depth of the SE is 7.75 inches, when my enclosure is 7.5 inches. would that still work??"

probably not, because the size is bigger than the space you have...

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 716
take out the third row and build an adequate box. if you are going to use that little space you might as well put one 12" back there and give it the right enclosure. a 15" should have a minimum of 2.25-2.5 cuft to workd with

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2285
i agree... jsut tryin to give some input... 1515s are better ported anyhow.. as are most subs... i would say you need a new box

Usa

Post Number: 4
thanks for the imput guys, well I designed the beast so i will have to live with it. Live and learn.

But for this time around, i have to make do. Im sure i can hook up some RE SR's or memphis PRs and still have that wang. Those mach 5 look interesting, anybody heard them?

I was told that the original JL audio 15w6s will fit. maybe...

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 719
what amp do you have?

Usa

Post Number: 5
fittin' to pick up the alpine pdx1.1000 i like that its 1000w @ 1-4 ohm plus its small enough to fit under the second row of seats without being seen. would that work with those JLs or any of those other subs mentioned?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 653
You know what would be SUPER mean in that. 2 RD Classic 15's. Special build, but can be done. I will have my 2 12's sealed installed next week if amps come in. They have GREAT Sq and get loud. Hit me up if interested.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us