Can u connect 3 subs to one amp ???

Bronze Member
Username: Banginscrew

Post Number: 55
i used to have 2 type X's with a Orion 2500D amp and i blew one my my subs so i got 2 JL Audio W6s D2 V4...there only 400 watts a piece so its 800 together... i was wondering if i could add another sub and jsut connect them all to once amp... how could i do this and still get max power from each sub... i was gunna add my other Type X that i didnt blow and all subs are 4 ohms.. can i do this

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1727
ummm...u could....but i WOULDNT mix diff. types of subs together...if u really wantd to u could wire to .6ohms or 2.333ohms

Silver Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 252
do it see if you like it. if you do great. if you dont just un hook it

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1730
id prolly wire to 2.3ohms when u do it tho, dont wanna screw up the amp, itll take alot of current to run it at .6ohm, plus itd prolly blow the JLs or clip them all to death if ur bang for a while.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2656
If you have a good chargin system run the .6ohm ;) but are all the subs sealed.. ported.. tuned the same? ect... if not i dont really kno where you want to set the freq. on the amp..

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 190
run them at 2.3.....

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1298
I replied to this in another thread, but

(4+4)/3=2.667ohm, not 2.3ohm. Anyway, that's really the only way to wire them because at 0.6ohm the amp will produce too much power for those subs. Is the amp even stable 0.667ohm??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2145
Regardless of how it's wired, you don't want to run different types of subs together.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11437
^^^i fully agree with MS .....

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 773
"i used to have 2 type X's with a Orion 2500D amp and i blew one my my subs"

arent those rated 1000rms a piece?, some ppl on here is using same amp on 2 type r 12's rated at 500rms a peice and not blow them

but def not mix subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us