Set up suggestions camry 07

Username: Egm220

Post Number: 2
hi guys

opinions would be of great help to me. i plan to upgrade the audio system in my car. i dont want to replace the headunit. i already have a little idea of how my set up would be. im more into sq than spl. for starters, JL clean sweep, then morel dotech ovation in front, i would love to have the polk sr6500, but its kinda off my budget, as for the subs, i thought of getting the 10w1v2, but i might go for w6 or w3, maybe the 8w7, for rear speakers, morel 6x9, i still want passengers at the back to be able to listen to the system, and just one amp to power the front component and the sub, rear speakers would be powered by the clean sweep directly. as for the amp, im choosing between JL and infinity, forgot the model, but its still subject to change. i like my music a lot, but in the car audio department, im still kinda new to the details. help me with suggestions and feedback on my planned setup... thanks :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 50
downgrade to a 94 2 door 5 speed manual for best system setup.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2326
^^What are you talking about fool.

I like your setup for the most part. I would really suggest a 10" w6 sub. It is a great SQ sub which sounds like what you want.

For those 6x9s, getting 6x9" to 6.5" adapters would be nice. Round speakers generally sound much better than over shaped speakers. So if you went that route, you can look into another set of morels for the rear.

Finally, JL amps are about 100 times better than infinity amps. If the JL 500/1 can fit into your budget, I would highly suggest that amp for your w6 (if you get it).

Oh, and JL is not the BEST brand out there, it is great for sure, but at high prices. You can get some better/just as good as JL products for cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2327
And welcome to ecoustics.

Username: Egm220

Post Number: 3
thanks ReArrangeYaMind

what amp should i get to power the front components? suggestions :-)

thanks again..

Bronze Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 55
94' all the way babbeyyyy! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us