Grand cherokee

Username: Carpentb2

Post Number: 8
I just bought an 04 jeep grand cherokee and it has a 10 disc cd player and navigation. the sound system is good for a stock system but id really like to hook up some subs in the back... would i need an adapter or something to hook one up to my navigation system? what all do i need?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1728
get a LOC (line output coverter) if u plan on keepin ur stock system in. u can get sum cheap ones off ebay, but if ur wantn to get good sound Id suggest gettn an audiocontrol. It'll covert ur speaker (hi level) outputs from teh stock cd player, to RCA(low level) outputs to hook up to the amp.

Post Number: 9
but if i get the audiocontrol one will i still have a noticeable sound difference (as opposed to an aftermarket cd player with an amp hooked up to it)?

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1731
Well if u set it up right you wouldn't notice a difference much at all. I got a 99 GC and I've used a EQL as a LOC jus to power the subs, and left the factory pushing the door speakers and it sounded good. the Only thing you'll b missin from usin a factory HU is the EQ options that come with a good aftermarket. but if you do like me and get a EQL then u hav the EQ, and LOC, so you should be alright to keep ur navi installed.
If you plan on upgradin the door speakers and adding an amp to the new ones, then AC has all that on their site.....check it out.
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=226059

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2126
IMO there ain't no such thing as a good sounding stock system. But if you want to go that route, do what Jordan said. The only thing is that you won't be able to adjust the bass on your regular speakers independently from the subs.

Gold Member

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1735
if he went the audiocontrol route and upgraded his doors, then he could adjust w/the EQL...basically tho u'd b investing as much money into it that way as you would just gettn a good HU, unless u bought the stuff used..

Post Number: 10
ok this helps a lot thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 119
IMO there ain't no such thing as a good sounding stock system

I second that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help