Can You do this ?

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 120
If I had 2 12's and a mono amp and I hook it up and 1 of the 12's blow and it's still hooked up does this mean the power the blown sub suppose to be getting will go to the other sub which still works ?

I know another crazy @ss question again by MR.MOYE

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2277
no... if it's hooked up to one sub then 1 sub will get power...

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 121
NO IF I have the blown sub hooked up to the amp and the good sub hooked up does this mean since the bloen one doesn't work all the power will go to the one that works

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 122
no it wont but it will sound like sh!t seeing as your playing a blown sub with a good sub.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 122
Nah it want because the blown sub doesn't even move at ALL or make any kinda of distortion so will it work then ?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 239
u mean the sub has siezed up?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 375
why the hell would u want to hook a blown sub that dont move or nething up to an amp or good sub? if ur question is will it change the ohm load, no blown subs dont have any ohm resistance, so it wont make a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 382
Your sub might not be blown. Unscrew the sub and see if one of the speaker wires has fallen off.

Bronze Member
Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 24
Hold up now, this depends entirely on how the sub blew. If the VC is shorted then it may offer o ohms and then the other will be getting all the power. But if say the cone seperated from the motor then the motor is still offereing resistance so it will consume some of that power. Either way the working sub will sound bad because the box volume is now twice what you want. Unless they are mounted in two sealed boxes.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 779
y would you wanna have a good sub playin with a blown sub now thats stupit u might mess up the amp that way atlease for looks unwire the sub an have 1 play

Bronze Member
Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 26
OOPS, I meant to say if the VC is has an open circuit then the other will be getting all the power. But that depends on if it's wired in series or parralel too. If it's shorted it will rob all the power, 100% because the electrons will seek out the easiest path to complete the circuit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us