How to build a speaker box for my 3 15's

Bronze Member
Username: 20inchchoppaz

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 14
i have been searchin and searchin for what i need to build my own speaker box...i know i need 3/4 mdf wood. but i have read to use nails and silicone for sealant and then i have read to not use nails use screws and not to you silicone use liquid nail.. please can somebody tell me everything i need to build me a speaker box that is goin to be the right way

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1720
wood screws and liquid nails. Liquid Nails makes a really strong glue, and then u can use silicone in the corners to insure its air tight.
Other than that u jus need the tools to cut and drill.

Bronze Member
Username: 20inchchoppaz

Frankfort, Ky

Post Number: 15
okay kool thanks, what kinda tools do i need.. i know a drill but what about for cuttin out the hole?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6244
Jig saw for the hole. I know you don't have a router so I won't even suggest it. Table saw for the main cuts but a circular saw will work fine as long as you're steady with your hands and can see a line. I believe in cordless drills, (I have 16), predrill all your holes and counter sink. Just about any wood glue will do. I use Titebond. Clamps are a luxury if you have them, otherwise trust the screws to hold the wood together until the glue dries. Measure twice, cut once. Have fun.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 558
hah paul in tech ed we leatned measure twice cut once lol i already kne wit but he was telign us that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11412
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/ .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us