Valor ITS-710WT Parking Break Bypass?

Username: Augster

Post Number: 1
Hey,

Just got my new Valor. I tried to ground the parking break wire, but it still gives me the blue caution screen.

Can someone take a look at the diagram and tell me what to do? The instructions aren't really clear as to what to do if I wanted to hook it up legit.

As a background, I had a Kenwood KVT-910 in 2001. Grounded the wire, DVD. That got stolen in 2002. After that, I got a Clarion VRX925VD. Grounded the green wire, DVD. My Clarion finally lost sound a week ago, so I figured I'd buy the Valor and give it a shot.

So, I've had DVD in my car for over 6 years. No accidents, no citations. I bet I've driven over 100,000 miles with the DVD playing in that time. I may be the exception, not the norm. I guess I'm trying to say I can handle having DVD playing and driving at the same time.

Anyway, the diagram is:http://www.valordvd.com/FileForDownload/InstallingGuide/ITS-710WTInstallingGuide .pdf

This is really all they have given me. Do I need a switch or something or what?

Thanks much for any help.

Post Number: 2
Okay, for future buyers of this product I figured it out shortly after posting...

There are two brake wires. The green one, then the orange one in the bundle with all the RCA's. Ground both of these wires to the ground wire. DVD is up and running. TV also.

Bronze Member
Username: Tcrowden

Ocean springs, Ms.

Post Number: 59
How have you liked it so far?

Post Number: 3
It has been awesome quite frankly. Better than I would have guessed from an "off-brand" like Valor.

There are only two quirks that I really haven't liked. The TV Tuner. They only give you one antenna. I know with my Kenwood KVT it had a 2-antenna setup and was BEAUTIFUL driving around. With the single antenna, it is sketchy at best as you are driving around. Then again, we aren't "supposed" to be driving around watching TV. When I am parked, the picture is pretty nice.

The other thing I didn't like is the Ipod controls are more than a bit "clunky". If you want to scroll to something, you can only do it 6 at a time. Also, the shuffle play doesn't work right off.

I have over 5000 songs in my Ipod. When I listen to it, I usually just turn it on, hit shuffle, and go. Since the Valor didn't have this option, I found a work around.

The Valor WILL allow you to shuffle songs on a playlist (which is something you can't do with your ipod I believe). So I made a separate playlist called "Valor List" which is basically every song in the ipod. When I plug in the ipod, I select Playlist, then Valor List, then shuffle it up. Flawless.

The only time it sucks is when I want to hear a particular song or album. Then I need to either scroll through every song, taking forever 6 at a time, or every artist to get to their songs. The second way is quicker. Sadly, again, this doesn't always work. The "cursor" seems to be following the page down, page down, then when you finally get to your artist or song and hit the screen, it just goes to the song/artist you had originally selected.

Like I said, it is clunky, but works okay. I still haven't figured out how to watch shows off of my video Ipod. I ripped a couple episodes of the office, season 1, to my ipod. I'm sure I can do it, I really haven't spent the time to figure it out yet.

Lastly, all of the radio stations here in MPLS suck. I have had a Tivo since the day it came out, so when a radio station goes to commercial, I am changing channels. Unfortunately, there aren't preset buttons on the front of the deck. So you either have to hit the numbers on the remote, or use the scroll wheel on the second remote, which is tough to do and drive. Or you have to have the screen up and touch the station you want. Generally, I drive with the screen down as much as possible. Just one less thing to get pulled over for, you know.

All in all I absolutely love it. The bluetooth for phone calls works great. The Ipod gets charged every time I'm in the car. I have done a slide show with my SD card for my wife while we were driving. It has its quirks, but it works just fine. The picture is really, really nice also.

Just FYI, there is no brain unit which I thought was really odd. Of course, I didn't think about that until it was already installed. Now I have no way to hook up anything to the "Video-in" without temporarily uninstalling the unit to get to the wires behind it. With past head units (Kenwood, Clarion) I would just plug into the brain under my seat. Something that I overlooked, and rarely use, during installation. If you install it, just make sure to connect the break-out wires and put them somewhere you can get to them if and when you need them.

Any more questions, just ask.

Augster
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us