HU Settings

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 115
I already set the gains on my amp and I am not using any bass boost or Loudness (button) I have everything setup right.I have a sub out on HU but it's just a on and off button my BASS on my HU goes from -10 to +10 how much Should I turn up the Bass on my HU ?

Can I turn my bass to +10 without any problems?

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 364
ok...bass you should put one zero and the subwoofer level should be the highest when u set ur gains

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 14
What if your have a Equalizer..Instead of BASS TREBABLE on your HU...I have the Pioneer 780

It has a subwoofer level but it also has a Equalizer..What do you do for this

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4233
josh if your HU is an alpine +10 is really 0db so it would have to be +10 just to be normal on music, when you set your gain i would set the HU to the settings you want then set the gain by ear.

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 116
Alright so do you guys on your HU ever have your bass all the way up and never worry about problems NOT sub level just the bass settings

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1758
"NOT sub level just the bass settings"

isn't that the same setting? lol

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 118
No I am saying the overall Bass setting for the whole system on the HU you know like the basic Treble,Fade,and Bass functions

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4243
no i never turn that all the way up because it makes it sound unnatural if you ask me

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2148
Sub level and bass boost are not the same thing. BB creates an unnatural peak at a specific frequency. Sub level adjusts the volume of the sub outputs. Bass boost should stay at 0, sub level all the way up when setting gain. Then, turn sub level down on songs where the bass is too loud.

Now for an EQ, you first want to turn down frequencies that are too loud before turning up ones that are too quiet, and you don't want to be adjusting anything more than +/- 3 db. Of course, if you don't have an RTA to tune your system with, an EQ ain't going to do any good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us