Hope we can take first in the 1- 160 class

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5026
my brother has a sledgehammer 12 mtx box stock and he decided to put it in his jeep liberty and we hit 140.6 db on my spl meter but im thinkin its reading as much as 2 db lower than actual...well see at the show the frequency was 46 hz with 600 watts rms on it and a 12 volt reading on the cap and no boost on the bass boost at all

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12584
good luck sean. i hope you take first too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5027
I know thats a low score but it's the stock division and my buddy who used to win all the time in that class hit 140 to 144 db competitions are fairly easy around here

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12585
thats a decent score for only haveing 600wrms with the engine off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5028
haha that was engine on Chad.....the funny thing is it was in the pt cruiser and we took the box out and put it in the back of the liberty ran speaker wire and played around with placement while he turned the tracks and knobs in the pt cruiser I gave a thumbs up when the score went up etc. Its a brand new liberty so the alternator should be larger than the pt cruisers ...all we have to do now is put the amp and cd player in the liberty lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12587
ohhhh so it dropped to 12v when you burped it. lol. i c.

still 140+ with 1 12 and 600wrms is good. now if you can get that on the tl it would be really sweet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5029
it was hot as heck in the liberty too that day....the engine was off windows up no air conditioning running so with the air condition on before the run our score should go up ..colder air is denser air...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12588
i should run the airconditioner before burping. that way inside the car will be cold.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us