Need a box

Bronze Member
Username: Kiker

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 29
Where can i get a good box for my new 12 SX?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7152
I will build you one.

Bronze Member

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 30
how much are you lookin for ? i need it to fit in the trunk of my lumina

Bronze Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 23
Hit me up at www.fishercustoms.com. You can see pics of my work there. Feel free to ask any questions.

Bronze Member

Kearney, Nebraska US

Post Number: 33
ok soo the sx is on back order so i think im just going to buy a type R from my buddy. Can you make a box for that under $150?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4777
yo logan will give you a better price ;)

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 26
Depends on what size you want. Assuming its a 12, I would recommend 2.5 cubes. That runs just a little over $150 shipped and carpeted (cough-- $170-- cough). If you have any questions you can email me, or pm me here.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 428
OUTRAGEOUS! I'll build you a carpeted box for $80+shipping. for 1 12"?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4213
bet his boxes are tuned right, and will fit in the vehicle:-). plus take into account shipping will cost about $30 give or take (betting more though), his price actually aint that bad.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 552
Logan FTW... best price, great quality, homemade.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 27
LOL

Sheet of Trupan- $30
2 Yards of carpet- $8
Glue for carpet- $6
Wood glue, and screws- $5
Binding Posts- $5
Run of Speaker wire and terminals- $3

You would make $23. Not too shabby if you like making about $5 per hr. ;)

I turn out very quality boxes. Im not just "another builder." Besides after you package it up and ship it, my box would only probably run an extra $30 from what you would end up charging after shipping.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 28
"bet his boxes are tuned right, and will fit in the vehicle. plus take into account shipping will cost about $30 give or take (betting more though), his price actually aint that bad."

Shipping will more than likely be around $40-45. Dont forget your packaging material too ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
roughly $22.50 to Oklahoma, idk about where you live. Nah, my supplies run just over $20 for a dual non carpeted box. This one will cost me 1 thing of wood glue + silicon, i already have the wood and carpet... And who says my boxes arent quality? $170.00 + shipping for a single 12" carpeted box, thats what im LOLing about.. you can do better at circuit city for that price, plus a half bag a kron, the choice is yours, but this guy makes circuit city look like a bargain..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4215
just guessing, and was giving him the benefit of guessing low.

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
I have shipping supplies here, and shipping is less than $40-$45.. every price fischer gives.. divide by 2 to find what it actually is.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4217
"you can do better at circuit city for that price"

hahaha. link one ported box from cc that is built to the specs of any sub? $170 shipped is not a bad price for a custom built box. shops around me charge that much for a custom box, and that's picked up.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 29
Reading > you

It was $170 shipped man.

I have shipped a couple boxes before. And you are not going to ship a 2.5 cube box for $22.50. Unless your work for a shipping company.

How can you not figure the wood and carpet into your cost. Did you not have to buy that at one time?

Circuit City boxes still blow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
Even if its $170 shipped, Im asking around $100 shipped a 2.5cu ft. box

I can get 3 boxes out of 2 sheets of wood and still have extra. USPS.com large package at the box dimensions for a dual sub box @ 55lbs = $22.50 via media mail (70lbs or less)

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 533
hey fishercustoms.com, i'm gonna suggest not saying "reading > you" to ctmike, he really knows his stuff and can have a lot of influence over people on this forum.

Also, Logan has built a lot of boxes for people on here for good prices, i dont mean to be a jerk, but youre gonna have to come way down with prices if you wanna get some business.

Good luck to ya man, logan you got some competition

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1244
I think he was referring to John, not Mike...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6213
Competition is always good for the consumer. Compete away I say.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1093
party0051.gif

Gold Member

Post Number: 7162
Adam $100 shipped And I can ship it out on Monday:-)

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 538
o0o0 i smell a challenge, and nvr mind about you dissin ctmike...or not dissin him i guess

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11399
hustling FTW ! .......

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4220
yeah, didn't think he was talking to me. but thanks for the nice words cal.

and john, i would love to see you ship that box for $22.50. and is that insured? i can see you never shipped anything have you? i've shipped 4 different subs before, and each one cost at least that much for shipping/insurance. also, how many quotes for prices of boxes have you ever gotten from reputable box comps. like fisher? or tcab? or any other. his price is very fair and very competative with the others.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11401
honestly ,after looking @ fisher's boxes they seem to be top of the line stuff, neat & well made - i bet he is seriously going to get some business from this forum ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 7166
lol usually boxes cost me $40-$70 to ship. But when my dad ships them through his account, it about cuts the price in half.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4221
exactly^^^. been looking at his site for awhile after reading about them over on ca.com. and i already got a price quote from him (fast response by the way) and it was alot lower than i was expecting. by at least $80-100 dollars.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 30
I got a lot of catching up to do. I was gone this evening....

Cal, although it was pointed out, yea I wasnt talking to mike about the reading>you. Just wanted to point that out ;) As far as prices go. Business from this forum would be nice. But I stay plenty busy the way it is, at my current prices. Not only do I offer a top of the line product, my service is second to none. I really take pride in customer service, if you dont believe me, ask any of my past customers.

Logan, I havent seen your work, but you seem to have a decent rep around these parts. I agree with Paul, competition is good. ;)

Thanks Rovin, hope some others took the time to check out some of the site, especially the ones that are hatin'.

ctmike, hope we can work out something on your box, it would be a sweet project, especially with the stained top....

And I cant forget John. Your not fooling me. I shipped out 11 boxes last month, and I will guarantee you, not one of them was under $25. I have a shipping account through DHL, so I get discounted rates at that. I have looked into USPS for shipping, but DHL blew their prices away. On average, shipping is around $35 per box, without insurance. Then there is always all their little extra fees they like to add on. Trust me man, if you knew me at all, you would know Im not out to make anyone look bad. Im just stating facts, from experience. I have been building for over 5 years now, shipped all over the country for the past 2. I know a few more things, than your giving me credit for.

I want to end this post by saying this...
I am probably coming off as an arrogant POS. Anybody that knows me, knows Im as far from arrogant as they come. I have been challenged here, and since Im pretty new around here, I wanted to get out some info and defend myself. Its not fair for someone to attack me, and not fire back. First impressions say a lot. I dont want to be known as the guy who charges an arm and a leg for his work. I feel my prices are very reasonable. Do some reading on my site, and you will see I use top of the line materials. I dont use regular MDF, I use a material over twice the price. Why? Because it builds a better box.

Now come on John, give me a fair chance. Ill help out with info around here that I can.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4229
don't take it personal. johns' an idiot that has messed up both boxes hes' built, now trying to sell them here, posts bs half the time, and gives bad advice, if any. i don't think to many people here respect him/his 'advice' much.

glad to see you here. it's always nice to see a owner of a company (whether box building , subs, whatever) join ecoustics and help out. especially nice if that owner would give out, say ecoustics forum discounts????:-) or just to me, i'm good with that to.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 31
LOL. Maybe down the road sometime, we can swing some deals. I tend to give out some free Tshirts and stuff like that on occasion though....

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4230
i want a shirt that says "i got this box at a discount":-)

but i will be getting back to you about the box, really like the work on your site and have heard nothing but good things about them on other sites. and yeah, i'll be going with the birch on top.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 467
fisher.. is the design of the box included in the price

for example, do you use a program like bass box pro to take everything into account and what the buyer wants it to geared at? SQ SQL SPL

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 32
"i want a shirt that says "i got this box at a discount"

We will have to see about that, LOL

"fisher.. is the design of the box included in the price

for example, do you use a program like bass box pro to take everything into account and what the buyer wants it to geared at? SQ SQL SPL"

The design is not included in the price. However, you actually get the design at half price.

Let me explain....

I have a guy that does all my design work for me. His info is on my site as well. He is 1000x better at that aspect than I am. I scouted around for awhile to find the right guy. I believe he is one of the best out there. Some of the stuff he comes up with, just blows my mind. He does all sorts of calculations to get the desired volume/tuning etc. He then uses autocad to lay it all out and get very very precise measurements/angles. Then he transfers it all into sketchup into a very easy to read 3D model. He truly is amazing.

For design price, they are listed on the site. BUT, as I said before, if I build the design he draws up for you, I take half of the price of the design off of the cost of the box. Ex. $100 box, you paid say $10 for a design, I will take off $5 of the price of the box, making it $95. Make sense?

Here is a little thread over at ca.com that shows what he is capable of...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231012

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Dewey, Az Usa

Post Number: 31
Where the H#LL do I find Trupan Light???? HD NOT! Lowe's NOT!! Schuck&sons NOT!!! Let me know if anyone has info!! Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1118
Fisher those are some really nice looking boxes.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 33
You will have to probably go to a local lumberyard and have them order you Trupan. I offer a cut n ship service if you cant find any and really want to use it.

Thanks for the compliment about my boxes ;)

Silver Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 123
so fisher do those prices on ur site include shipping then? is that wut u were sayin up ther ^^^?

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 34
Yep those prices DO include shipping. I think its conveinent for the consumer to know the total price up front.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3394
can you properly build horns, T-line boxes, 4th 6th and 8th order bandpass boxes, abc boxes????

if not you are just another box builder :-\

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 35
If your asking me to design them, its a simple no. Build? Ill tackle anything. I have done a few bandpass boxes. I wouldnt be afraid to try other types. My designer is good. He would give me some awesome blueprints to work off of.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2275
Forum assh*le ^^^ along with me and rob ;) Your stuff looks good from build aspect, I'd like to see some numbers though...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4952
boxes look very nice fisher...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3395
"Forum assh*le ^^^ along with me and rob ;) "

:-O

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 36
Im not an a hole man. I might have come across as one in this thread, but thats because I have had to defend myself. Am I confident in my work? Yes. You have to be or you will have a hard time running a business.

Over time, you will see Im a very easy person to get along with.

Thanks Yanks Fan ;)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4916
*cough* Audible Insanity Boxes anyone? *cough*

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2650
hahaha logan, dude try jacking your sale..... adam if your not to familiar with this forum.... Logan builds plenty of boxes for other people on here and gives them extrememly low prices. Unless he hates you.. then he'll charge you alot ;)

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 40
We are just giving the guy some more options....

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3764
lol fisher by azzhole he was talking about drivingreckless

those are nice boxes dude...clean and beautiful.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 45
Thanks man.

Hmmm... I thought he was talking to me... Oh, well.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6240
C.O.M.P.E.T.I.T.I.O.N. At its' best. Free enterprise fellas. Welcome to America.

Hey I can build boxes. Got lots of tools and sh1t. Even know how to use them. I'm too close to Phil though. He's king of the Philly area, I guess.

Bronze Member

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 47
What ever happened to the OP?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4250
IDK why some people were arguing over price. he can charge what he wants. If he doesn't get the sale then he knows why, thats fine. I think his prices are fine. Everyone has a right to choose what they want and what they want to pay for it. Fishers boxes do rank over Logans in overall build quality (everything into account including covering). Not saying Logans are bad but thats the difference in price. I build boxes myself locally and my boxes would be in the price range of Fishers as well because i take a long time to do work but i do it right and clean. i like the competition 8)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4802
juzz stay with logan...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us