Jl audio 12w6v2

Username: Wildman96

Clovis, California United states

Post Number: 1
i just bought a new car. 2007 camry se. I'm planning to put a system in it. I like sq but i want more bass from my system and i like it loud. it has an upgraded radio stock. jbl speakers 6disk etc.. replacing the head unit is a pia to do because of the way they wired everything so i think i'm gona stick with the oem head unit for now. I was thinking of adding 2 12w6v2 jl subs. i have 2 rockford 500bd amp i was thinking about using. Or is the jl 1000/1 amp gona sound much better. and anytips on installing into my system. I'm kinda new to intallations and they wana charge alot of money to intall. sugestions wanted.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 689
just a comment theres better stuff than the mainstream brands whats ur budget for your system and we can tell u what would be the best for the money

Post Number: 2
sure honestly i could spend up to 3k on a system but would like to stay around 2k or less. less that still sounds good to me and load is important

Post Number: 3
loud. not load lol

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 690
with 2k u can do alot better than JL u want sql (good sounding and loud) do u want to stick with a certain size subs and how many?

Post Number: 4
I'd like to not take up to much space in my trunk but i would say 2 speakers max and either 10's or 12's are fine. i like tight sounding base but it all depends. what you got for ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 333
I think 2 12w6v2 would be a good setup for you especially with the power you have. How much can you get each woofer for?.

How many shops have you got estimates from? What did you tell them you wanted done?

How much, if any, experience do you have installing audio equipment?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4237
the 12w6v2s are good woofers but to save money you could go with a number of different woofers.
for example
2 AQ SD2.5 12s
2 SI BM 12s
2 RD classic 12s
2 SS Rl-i 10s
2 mach 5 maw 12s
or if you can wait til summer 2 AA assassin 12s

and theres more...

Post Number: 5
i have some experience installing i put my last 2 systems in but never with a factory deck(with no pre amp outs) and also never with a new car don't want to mess anything up :-( i'll take a look into those subs. thanks for the imput so far you all have been great. I've been shopping a few shops and seam they all trying to full pop me. i can get 2 for 365 each is that a good price?

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 434
rip offff those subs are way overpriced

i wouldnt pay more than 225 for each.. if even that

Post Number: 6
ok good to know they charging to much

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 436
i think you should go with the TC Sounds 10" OEM

if i had the money id grab these up right away

this is a GREAT deal for some awesome subs

would be perfect in your situation.. only needs 0.6 cu ft after port and sub displacement

get them while their on sale.. once there sold out there will be no more produced

http://www.tcsounds.com/

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 630
Ya for real. I can get you 2 RD Audio Classic 12's or Sonance 12's and amp to match ALOT cheaper than any JL product. the Classic SQ is similar to the W6 as well, I am VERY impressed with thse subs. Shoot me an email, I'll help you out if I can and bring you to the dark side of non mainstream :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 743
Well im sure you can get something cheaper than JL but from my personal experience the w6 is a great sub, you will not be disappointed if you go with JL it has great SQ and gets pretty loud. I know they are overpriced but theyre really nice IMO. Also they can be used in small enclosures and sound great.

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 441
TC Sounds OEM 10 FTW

28mm xmax

0.5-0.6 cu ft for ported box

Half price of the JL.. and probably better too some guy over on the tc sounds forum is hitting 144.1 with 2 of these things on a daily box at 32hz

slap them on a Hifonics BXi 2006D (if you want to save money they run around $275.00) and ur all set

My friend has 2 of those JL W6's in his trunk.. they sound good and all but for the price id never buy them i wasnt impressed.. go with the TC Sounds

Post Number: 7
Thanks Mike those look really nice. The Tc sounds oem 10. How do i go about building a box lol?

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 707
if u dont have any expirence building boxes and u dont want to there is a couple of people on here that can do it for u tcab logan and ttb

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/

http://www.teamtoxicbass.com/design/intro.htm

if u want logan just make a post for him on here and he should reply

Post Number: 8
bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4232
what's the bump for? the box question? if so look into one of those links above or www.fishercustoms.com or start a thread for logan and ask him to make you a box.

Silver Member
Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 121
fisher customs is like 20 mins away from me(wichita) i wonder y ive never heard of them until today and theve all of the sudden come up in two threads..

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4233
dont know. i remember reading about them awhile ago on other forums. nothing but good things. if i lived that close i'd definately try them out.

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 122
i will definatley look into it when im ready for a dual sub set up and in the market for a new box

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2266
If you go TC you won't be able to power them properly, but they will still sound nice and get loud.

Silver Member

KANSAS

Post Number: 123
what are you tryin to say?

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 468
Hes saying that the amps you have are underated for that sub.. I remember you saying you were willing to buy another amp to power them with

TC theyll move great with the amp i suggested Reece

With the money your saving by buying the TC Sounds you can get the Hifonics BXi 2006D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us