5 de mayo

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 535
i just want to see if any of you guys actually know what does mexican celebrate on 5 de mayo (may fifth)
so go ahead and take your best guess, dont google it dont be cheaters

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2298
Mexican indepence day? I dunno.

Bronze Member
Username: Philly306

Post Number: 26
day of tha dead right?

Bronze Member
Username: Jmh2004

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 98
la batalla de puebla????

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 454
haha, isnt it nothing? i had this discussion last year....i think cinco de mayo isnt even celebrated in mexico....

its just a big game for american resteraunts to make a bunch of money

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4748
i think hes right ^^^^ im 100% mexican man i juzz got 4 years in the usa :-) and i already forgot about the 5 of may

Bronze Member

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 99
rob where you from in mexico

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1115
it celebrates the Mexican victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla........isnt it basically like a mexican memorial day.???

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 536
well it is "la batalla de puebla" a fight that was won against the french in puebla, mexican history books say that the mexican army battle against the french for a hole day and they were victorious, that is a lie. lol, what really happened is that the french told the mexican goverment that they were going to attack them, and the mexican goverment told them that they were going to surrender "puebla" to them, so on may fifth they were going into a parade, eith theur formal cloths and sords and they didnt have any guns, some indians from the area saw them walk tru they land and they attacked them, and because they didnt have their correct weapons they were defeated.
lol great story.
BTW september 16th was the independece
and november 1st is day of all saints
november 2nd is the day of all deaths

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
wow i think i was more worng than anyone

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 537
^lol dont worry about, i asked all my american friends non of them had a clue, the closer one said labor day, but that is today May 1st, no work tofay in mexico and many other places in the world

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i feel bad cuz i play soccer with alot of hispanics and im takin spanish. i should have known it. haha

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4906
---Quoting Cheech---

"I don't know, its just a good excuse to get drunk"

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6154
D@mn I loved their movies!!!!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4749
well umm naturally im from the mexico city or d.f... but that was juzz because my mother went to visit my aunt on the city so boom i popped out. but naturally im from verzcruz... since i dont like to be a chilango :-)

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 538
^lol chilango
but is okay, nobody likes chilangos lol

Bronze Member

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 100
cool, my dad is from palau, coahuila its pretty cool too many gangs though, my mom is from monterrey its ok there too...

ha, i dont like many chilangos either!! lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4228
isnt it celebrating the fight between del hoya and mayweather at wing house?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6164
^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 4751
but aint chilango bro... i dont act like one well i never lived with them or in the d.f i always been on cuernavaca most of my time and veracruz

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 312
Its to celebrate freedom

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1072
It is the Day of Drankin a sht load of Corona

The 5th of May is not Mexican Independence Day, but it should be! And Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday, but it should be. Mexico declared its independence from mother Spain on midnight, the 15th of September, 1810. And it took 11 years before the first Spanish soldiers were told and forced to leave Mexico.

So, why Cinco de Mayo? And why should Americans savor this day as well? Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.

The French had landed in Mexico (along with Spanish and English troops) five months earlier on the pretext of collecting Mexican debts from the newly elected government of democratic President (and Indian) Benito Juarez. The English and Spanish quickly made deals and left. The French, however, had different ideas.

Under Emperor Napoleon III, who detested the United States, the French came to stay. They brought a Hapsburg prince with them to rule the new Mexican empire. His name was Maximilian; his wife, Carolota. Napoleon's French Army had not been defeated in 50 years, and it invaded Mexico with the finest modern equipment and with a newly reconstituted Foreign Legion. The French were not afraid of anyone, especially since the United States was embroiled in its own Civil War.

The French Army left the port of Vera Cruz to attack Mexico City to the west, as the French assumed that the Mexicans would give up should their capital fall to the enemy -- as European countries traditionally did.

Under the command of Texas-born General Zaragosa, (and the cavalry under the command of Colonel Porfirio Diaz, later to be Mexico's president and dictator), the Mexicans awaited. Brightly dressed French Dragoons led the enemy columns. The Mexican Army was less stylish.

General Zaragosa ordered Colonel Diaz to take his cavalry, the best in the world, out to the French flanks. In response, the French did a most stupid thing; they sent their cavalry off to chase Diaz and his men, who proceeded to butcher them. The remaining French infantrymen charged the Mexican defenders through sloppy mud from a thunderstorm and through hundreds of head of stampeding cattle stirred up by Indians armed only with machetes.

When the battle was over, many French were killed or wounded and their cavalry was being chased by Diaz' superb horsemen miles away. The Mexicans had won a great victory that kept Napoleon III from supplying the confederate rebels for another year, allowing the United States to build the greatest army the world had ever seen. This grand army smashed the Confederates at Gettysburg just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, essentially ending the Civil War.

Union forces were then rushed to the Texas/Mexican border under General Phil Sheridan, who made sure that the Mexicans got all the weapons and ammunition they needed to expel the French. American soldiers were discharged with their uniforms and rifles if they promised to join the Mexican Army to fight the French. The American Legion of Honor marched in the Victory Parade in Mexico, City.

It might be a historical stretch to credit the survival of the United States to those brave 4,000 Mexicans who faced an army twice as large in 1862. But who knows?

In gratitude, thousands of Mexicans crossed the border after Pearl Harbor to join the U.S. Armed Forces. As recently as the Persian Gulf War, Mexicans flooded American consulates with phone calls, trying to join up and fight another war for America.

Mexicans, you see, never forget who their friends are, and neither do Americans. That's why Cinco de Mayo is such a party -- A party that celebrates freedom and liberty. There are two ideals which Mexicans and Americans have fought shoulder to shoulder to protect, ever since the 5th of May, 1862.

Gold Member

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1073
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 313
dude, did you read the first post?

Gold Member

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1075
Yea but he said I dunno

I gave a indepth Description, can't get no betta then that

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 60
i didnt read any of the posts or google, but i took american history a couple years ago. the mexicans completely destroyed the puzzy french on may 5 1862. damn good thing too cuz they woulda come after texas next - which is where i live. fuckinn french already got into canada we dont need em on both of our flanks

Gold Member

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1077
"mexicans completely destroyed the puzzy french"

Yeah f u c k the french

It seems eva one hates the French..hmmmm do the french? HAte the French lol!!!

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 539
hey, "SPLcraZe4Life160db Bass N Yo Face" that is what i was taught in elementary school, lol. but later when i was a freshman in highschool the new goverment came up, and they took away alot of lies that the old party make, those explaining what happened for real the fifth of may, but there was a real fight on the 6th of may, that i think took a couple of days, of course mexico won with aid of americans, and indeed mexico helped after pearl harbor was bombed with 1 airsquadron that cameback after the war with only one plane down.

Gold Member

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1080
you were taught that the french sux?

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 2050
puro michoacan perras

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 458
Im still holding to my story...i have yet to talk to a mexican who has lived in mexico all his life, who has even heard of cinco de mayo

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1421
i think some people were confused...

valentines day was started to make money. there were no ways for flowershops in ireland, i think, to make money at that point cause it was a stretch from say christmas to mothers day...

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 541
"Im still holding to my story...i have yet to talk to a mexican who has lived in mexico all his life, who has even heard of cinco de mayo"
i can tell you is a big day in mexico, not because of its meaning, but becausethey dont have school that day, and for say, whe may 1st happens to be a thurday and may 5 a monday, there are no clases friday either, creating something we call "puente" or translated as bridge, but you guys call them long weekend.
"valentines day was started to make money. there were no ways for flowershops in ireland, i think, to make money at that point cause it was a stretch from say christmas to mothers day..."
you can ask any historian, christmas would be more likely to be celebrated in summer, date was changed i think during medieval times, so high class people wouldnt attend pagan holidays that were held during december.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us