Amp turn on/off swtich install

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 162
ive seen a couple ppl have these just wondering what kind i would need to get and how to install, just wanting one for looks and just bc sometimes ppl riding dont like too much bass

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1166
Just put a switch on the remote turn on wire. That's it

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
alright sounds easy i thought that was all it was but someone told me you have to ground it and something else i thought it came with like three wires but guess not

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1169
Well that may very well be. You'll know what to do when you get the switch. Running a tinny ground wire isn't difficult. The essential idea behind it is the remote turn on wire tho.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6189
Lot of the amps come with "bass" boost control. Use that instead of a manual switch. It'll not only work better, but you can control the amount of bass in the songs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
i thought about but ive heard bad things about using the bass remote so im just leaving that alone plus i like being able to bump at the flick of a swtich lol

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1172
I heard the same thing. Isaac knows his stuff tho. I don't know. I would avoid the bass control.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

In A Sub Box

Post Number: 1069
"sometimes ppl riding dont like too much bass"

Fluck Them lol j/k ( i''m neva turning my down for no one, If they ask me to turn it down....Ima turn it up

Remote Would be Good. Also you can turn the bass down from HU, that way you don't have to sacrafice all your bass, cause some people can't handle it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6190
Remot bass is like bass and treble control on old amps. If the amp comes with it, why wouldn't you not use it? It can help cut down excessive unwanted bass.
If you're afraid of it, then keep it at "zero" level.
The problem with a manual switch is, sometimes you'll forget to turn it off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
so ive i install this your saying that i'll have to turn it off manually all the time instead of it turning off by itself when i cut my truck off and the head unit turns off

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1175
No that's not true. If you run the remote turn on off the wrong wire, then yes. But your remote turn on should be attached to something that is only on when the radio is on. The switch doesn't change that.

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 301
Do you have your amp wired to the HU's remote wire?

If so put a switch in the remote wire. With the switch in the on position, the amp will still turn on and off with the HU. The switch is just so you can turn your sub off while the rest off the system is still functioning. EXP. You see a cop with your system dumping, hit the switch, no more dumping. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6193
Think about it. If you were at home listening to music, and wanted to turn down some bass, do you walk over and, a) switch off the power, b) use ear plugs, or c) use the bass control knob?
Same thing applies with remote bass. I can understand if your amp didn't come with it, but if it does, don't re-invent the wheel.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 303
Well you wouldnt do a), because that would turn the entire system off. He wants to be able to turn just the sub off while still listening to the speakers. Remote amp on/off.. Bass Knob... Two differnt ways, both have their pros and cons.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 304
I personally dont use my amps bass boost, and the bass knob is just a remote adjustment for amp bass boost.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 114
I personally like having the switch so when i c a cop or in my case parents, i flick it fast n im safe of any trouble.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 305
http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=c13838ff95ccfa94cebd&page=1&v iewtype=&category=mr

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 306
And by the way the bass adjustment on a HT system is not the same as the bass knob on a CA system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us