Is my gain right???

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 350
i have a 4v headuint and a mbquartRAA1000 and all the adjustment knobs are as i expected, with the lowest number being on the bottom left hand side and the higher one on the bottom right side, except for the gain, it is in a switch positioin where 8v is on the bottom left and .15 volts is on the bottom right, i basically have it set to the exactly middle, is this right or should it be less or more

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4182
do you have a dmm? use that if it's available.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 351
nope don't have one o fthem, i don't know, i think i got it about right because it soudns almost perfect and no clipping or anything and i figure if 8 is the highest it goes, right in the middle shoudl be about 4 to match my hu

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2103
" i think i got it about right because it sounds almost perfect and no clipping "

You don't know that unless you put an oscilloscope on it.

" i figure if 8 is the highest it goes, right in the middle should be about 4 to match my hu "

Doesn't work that way, ya have to do it the right way:

Use this to calculate what voltage you amp should output:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

If you want, use this tutorial it explains it better:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2384
"i have a 4v headuint and a mbquartRAA1000 and all the adjustment knobs are as i expected, with the lowest number being on the bottom left hand side and the higher one on the bottom right side, except for the gain, it is in a switch positioin where 8v is on the bottom left and .15 volts is on the bottom right, i basically have it set to the exactly middle, is this right or should it be less or more"

Marcus,from now on learn how to do something before you do it.I'm not trying to be an azzhole but I also don't want you to blow up your equipment.Next time you're not sure how to hook something up just come on here,post about it and wait a little while for a response,that way you won't damage anything.

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 510
Trial and error never hurts as long as you notice clipping, I say ur good...

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 440
how can i get a hold of a test tones cd?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us