OT : DVD Head Unit

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1624
I plan on getting a dvd head unit this sumer since I will be heading off to college and I know there will be days when I have a few hours to kill in between classes. I want something that has a flip out screen and has the ability to have a video game system added on to it. Also, I want something that has good sound quality.

I've looked at Alpine and Kenwood. I am willing to spend up to a grand. Does anyone have any recomendations? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1694
pioneer avh-p5700dvd or avh-p4900dvd

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12492
get the pioneer avh-p7500dvd. the sq is amazing. its as good as the premier hu's. the 7500dvd also has the tv tuner built in so you can catch up on all your soap opera in between class.

i used to have the 5700dvd and the sq wasn't something to brag about.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4739
the pioneer avh-p5700dvd has alot of bugs sound quality is amaizing yes but it has lots of trouble i had one but i recently sold it when i got it back from pioneer repair facility... pioneer s lower end dvd player arent good... get a panasonic or claric ull be good and fase with them...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12494
no the sound quality is amzing on the 7500dvd rob not the 5700dvd. big difference.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4741
oh yeah man... the 7500dvd its 1500 dollar receiver made juzz for sq :-) my cousin bought his and the sq its amazing... not sure abotu the built quiality

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1626
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aBZjHbovLZt/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=130AVHP 490

don't have a lot of money but I was thinking about this one. I jsut need it to watch movies and listen top mucis inbetween classes at school. Might hook up a ps2 as well. I jsut can't stop playing guitar hero lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12509
lol people are gonna be walking by you while you are playing quitar hero in your ride and say "wtf" lol.

thats a nice unint but you can get the 5700dvd from ebay for around $400 brand new. but i would suggest you save up a bit more and get the avh-p7500dvd. you can get that from ebay for around $900.

one of the big difference between the 7500 and the 5700 or the 4900 is the preout voltage. while the 5700 or the 4900 only has 2v preout, the 7500 has 5v preout. also the eq function is alot better on the 7500. its well worth the money. trust me wahl. you won't regret it. also the 7500 is 7 inches so its 1/2 inch bigger than the one you want. not only will it sound better when you are playing guitar hero, it will be on a bigger screen.

you are thinking how much difference does half inch make. trust me when it comes to indash, the half inch makes a big difference. if you do a side by side comparison, you will know.

so in closing, please get the 7500dvd. better features, sq, and bigger screen. not to mention it comes with a separate brain.

P.S. it also comes with a mic so you can place it on your seat to set the eq automatically.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us