Why are there two + and 2 - on a mono amp?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 545
RE 35.1....it goes - + - +...jus wondering if im supposed to use both of em?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1692
prolly internally bridged. jus hook it up + to + and - to -

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 547
i only got one sub....so do i just split the + into two and the - into two or....run another wire from + to + and another one from - to -? and if i get two subs would i hook it up like a 2ch amp? one sub to each?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2096
Just use on + and one -

Those terminals are connected together inside. I don't know why so many people equate number of terminals with number of channels on amps. It don't work that way.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1500
thats just so u dont have to stuff a lot of wire into 1 of the terminals if u have 2 subs... if u have 1 sub just use 1 side

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11377
each + & - terminal will do the same exact job since internally its connected together

they just put 2 of each for conveniencoption instead of some1 trying to fit 2 thick wires on 1 terminal they can use each .......

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 550
i knew it was a mono but i just wonderin if i had to use both...so it doesnt matter which ones i use right? since they all go to the same place?

Silver Member

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 551
alright ecoustics is slow as sh!t tonight

but thanks guys for the quick responses

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 727
Well i no on my MB Quart amp it has 2 + and 2 - and in the manual it says that each one is only stable to 2ohms so to get one ohm ive got to hook up a 2ohm load to EACH one to get a 1ohm load. I think it depends on what VC your sub/subs are and what the amp is stable to.

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 728
Like on your amp if its only 2ohm stable on each terminal and you hook up a 1ohm load to just one terminal it could mess up your amp.

Platinum Member

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11378
''''''i knew it was a mono but i just wonderin if i had to use both...so it doesnt matter which ones i use right? since they all go to the same place?'''''

Correct ! .....

Silver Member

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 729
So Rovin do i have my sub hooked up wrong then? Ive got a dual 2ohm sub with each vc going to each terminal.

Platinum Member

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11381
u can do it this way Upload

or run both wires off each respecive terminal off ur sub to each respecive terminal on ur amp = same results ....

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2580
The reason for the amp having 2 + and 2 - is for easier connections, on the inside of the amp the + connects to the other + and the - with the -. Say you have 2 DVC 4ohm subs wired to 2ohms each...instead of connecting both subs in paralel on the one terminal, you can just connect both subs to there own terminals... better looking and easy to connect instead of cramming wires in there...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2581
The reason for the amp having 2 + and 2 - is for easier connections, on the inside of the amp the + connects to the other + and the - with the -. Say you have 2 DVC 4ohm subs wired to 2ohms each...instead of connecting both subs in paralel on the one terminal, you can just connect both subs to there own terminals for the 1ohm load..doing series is a different story tho with 2 subs in series, you would only use 2 of the terminals..... better looking and easy to connect instead of cramming wires in there...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us