Quick Question

Bronze Member
Username: Gregjames

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 40
Ok so i have a Hifonics Tx1005d and a Treo Tsx 15, the amp has two positive and negative speaker terminals and the sub is dual voice coil. I simply hooked both voice coils to its own speaker terminal, is this still 1 ohm wiring? or am i retarded and split the channel and not really getting the 1000watts rms at 1 ohm?

Bronze Member

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 42
bump....

Bronze Member

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 44
can someone pleeeasssseee answer my question??? sorry...for the annoyance.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 512
is the sub dual voice coil 4 ohm or 2 ohm?

Bronze Member

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 45
dual 2

Bronze Member
Username: Technique24

Post Number: 37
That amp is supposed to be a mono so I'm not sure why you are seeing 2 channels, unless you put the wrong model. Anyway if there is 2 channels and that amp does 1000W x 1 at 1 ohm bridged then you have to bridge those 2 channels. Then to got a 1 ohm load off that sub you're gonna wire the voice coils in parallel by connecting both positive terminals on the sub to the one bridged positive terminal on the amp, then do the same with the negatives. What you have wired now is a 2 ohm load on each channel.

Bronze Member

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 46
No its one channel but there are just 2 terminals to put into 1 channel. kinda weird... so all the 4 wires are going to 1 channel... ALL i am asking is if i hooked the positive terminals together and negative terminals together so there were only two wires into the terminals would it change anything?

Bronze Member

Richmond, CA US

Post Number: 47
sry didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1077
The amp outputs are summed so hook up your + and - to only one set of jacks and wire your sub like this:

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us