Wiring SVC 8ohm subs

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 159
what are the different ways to wire these and can you give me the ohm, i cant find the right diagram on cructchfield, its for my friends p1s trying to help out and see if there hooked up right becasue they sound really distorted, he has a two channel kenwood but im not sure what ohm its stable at thats why i wanna see how many ways we can wire it

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
bump

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 156
if you have two 8 ohm subs it will go in parallel two 4ohms, or you could wire it to 16 ohms in a series, but you would barley get any power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
alright well i guess its right then it just sound really bad so what else could the distortion be or is it just the sub bc i know its already not the best quality

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 157
is the distortion like fuzzy noises in the background or is it just the bass sounds distorted, if its fuzz in the background your power/ ground wires might be crossing either the rca's or the speaker wires, and if he has relatively low quality rca's he should think about getting a somewhat nicer set. if the bass sounds distorted, theres not really much you can do but turn down the bass boost and gain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us