Trunk open?

Username: Erik18

Post Number: 1
So when i play my subs with the trunk open they sound like p00p out side why is this?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1122
haha...I am sure someone will have a technical answer for you, but think about it. The vibrations/sound waves are going out of the vehicle instead of in. Enough said.

Post Number: 2
ha ok true also is it true that subs have to be brokin in because right now i just have a pair of 10in kicker cvr's and you can hear them move when your close?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1124
I don't really know what you are describing exactly. Anyway, to answer you question. It depends. It certainly doesn't hurt to do it, but there is a lot of differing opinions on whether it is neccesary or not.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6107
You can hear them move? Like scratching??

Post Number: 3
no kinda like a rattle

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1126
That doesn't sound good man. There shouldn't be any rattling...

Post Number: 4
i not quite sure how to decribe it they sound fine when the trunk is closed and im in the car. What do your subs sound like when the turnk is open is it like nice clean bass or what?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 444
are you sure the rattling is comming from the subs and not something that is rattling in your car

Like for instance something the car mutes when the trunk is closed but now that it is open has the ability ot rattle?

Post Number: 5
no its not another rattle it just dosnt sound really like bass when the trunk is open

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
is your bass boost up?

Post Number: 7
no should it be?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1132
doubt its ur subs doing the rattleing but when u open ur truck theres probly more airflow so its rattling something in ur box or in ur trunk

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
no, bass boost is bad....

supposedly:-)

I just learned of this yesterday...and I've decided im going to try and bring it up in any thread that pertains to someone who has an install haha

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 155
it sounds like ur peaking ur subs out if the subs are the thing rattling, if so u either need to turn them down or get another one or two and another amp. when they rattle are they at full excursion?

Silver Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 138
erik were do u live???

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 245
my sh!t sounds clean with the hatch up ;)

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 670
i installed my system in my trunk and it sounds like my car is gonna blow up lol, it used to be in my camaro hatch

its a litte louder inside my camaro, but when its in the trunk of my cutlass its more of a king kong thing lol (the far away rattler)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1614
Is it more like a popping if so the subs are bottoming out.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2560
Maybe they are rubbing... somthing loose in box... take the subs out of the trunk and turn em on to be sure its not the ride..

My subs sound clean with the rear gate open too.... still gets my dash jumping with port firing right out of the open gate :-) just doesnt pop my ears..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1727
when i had my kickers i could open my trunk and it got louder in my car. i had the port firing into my car then
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us