Desperate for help...amp problems

Silver Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 131
I have a JL Slash series 500/5 hooked up to Polk DB Series Comps Polk 6x9's and a Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 12'....basically one day i was listening to my system and through the speakers i hear a "pop" noise...all my speakers went out and i got no sound...i opened the trunk and the orange light was on for low impedence...the next day i start my car in i get sound BUT only out of the right side tweeter and mid bass....the sub come is frozen, the 6x9's are distorted as well as the left side tweeter and mid bass...what the hell happened here...any reccomendations so this wont happen again...b/c i am going to replace the left side of the polk comps and the rest and used the existing amp

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 941
sounds like it might have fried your amp before i went into protectoin, which is odd for jl. check and see if the amp is powering on??

Silver Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 132
yeah the amp still powers on..no warning lights are on now...and it still powers the right side of my comp set perfectly...it just blew my left side, back speakers, and sub...when that pop noise happened

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 946
what kind of sub did u have... cause i doubt that amp would blow a decent woofer

Silver Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 133
rockford fosgate punch stage 2

Silver Member

Philly, PA

Post Number: 134
bump!!!

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 639
Check your ground, possibly re-locate.

If you have a friend with an amp, swap amps and see how it works in their vehicle.

Try switching RCA's, Left to Right, Right to left.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us