1985 Lincoln Towncar premium sound

Username: Pentastar

Post Number: 1
I installed a JVC headunit in a friends Towncar. The vehicle came with the premium sound and has a seperate amplifier mounted on the left side of the rear seat bracing in the trunk area. I need to know if there is an adapter to by pass this amp. I did not see one listed with Scosche nor did their literature mention a 1985 Lincoln with the external amp. If a bypass connector is not available would you possibly have the schematic to wire around this thing. Any info will be GREATLY appreiated.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1023
So u are saying that you installed the HU and the amp is also installed with it?

In that case i believe they might have an adpater to bypass, But if your just trying to un hook the amp from the HU i guess u could just cut the waire goin to the hu

If the case is ur tryin to install the HU with the amp.

THey have wire harnesses for that. My friend tried installin a hu in a ford with a built in amp. He decided to cut the harness, so in the end i had to match every wire together. PAIN in the @$$ that was!

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1024
I'm not quit understanding what your talkin about completely. I believe one of those ways should be fine tho

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 473
what are you trying to do????????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us