Humming noise from my fosgate

Username: Mtx7500

Post Number: 7
i have a 2003 1000bd fosgate amp that works like a champ, but ever since the day i got it it has been making a high pitch humming noise. just wongering what it might be and how to fix it if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2347
redo the ground. Same size as power wire. Make it short, Ground to the chassis, not some random piece of metal floating around the trunk, like the trunk support arm or other lame connection.

Post Number: 8
i have the same size ground and power wire (4 gauge) and i have it grounded about about 2 feet away from the amp directly to the chassis which i sanded down, so it's not that

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 825
Buy some quality "shielded" RCA's and try that... JMO

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 644
is the noise comping from the subs or the amp if its from the amp if its got a fan in it that might be it my old ss 6500 did it

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 828
Also, try checking the batt ground... JMO

Post Number: 10
i actually do need to get some new rca because i'm still running some walmart crap brand. i also think it might be the ground like you said; it is grounded to a proper place, but the wire is something like 10 or 12 gauge wire. i've thought about stepping it up to 4 gauge to match the amp ground size. (i need to do that anyway because the big 3 upgrade is in my near future)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us