SOLOX 12" or SOLO barix L7 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Kanishka

Post Number: 11
Hi
I got my SoloX 18" today and it's too big to put in my car. so putting it in my jeep.

so i have to have a soloX 12" or a solobaric L7 15" for the car, will there be a difference in these 2 models, or is it just the same.

what is good soloX at 12 inches or solobaric L7 at 15 inches.

SoloX
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2083

Solobaric
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3464

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 626
dont pay that much for a sub get somthing with more sq and will last long

fi
dd
atomic
ect....

if u want loud and are spending that kind of money get a atomic apx 15 dd 9515 maybe for fi btl

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 627
or if ur just stuck on kicker the solo x will be better of the 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
kicker has never let me down, SOLOX 18" i got is very nice.

u mean a solox at 12 inches is better than a solobaric at 15 inches is it ?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 518
Kickersqueare subs are pure SPL, justvibrations and no SQ at all, if you want cheap spl without SQ go for Kicker

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2540
^thaT WAS SOOOO overpriced... i see them on ebay for 500 new

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so u guys say that kicker is not good. and there are better subs than soloX ?

i was told that audio que is good, but i didn't like the looks of it and since it's not very populer.

is there any subs from a populer brand that has good SQ and loud

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2295
"Kickersqueare subs are pure SPL, justvibrations and no SQ at all, if you want cheap spl without SQ go for Kicker"

Have you ever heard a Solo X in a non-SPL box?I'm pretty sure you haven't.My Solo X is in a box tuned to 32 hz and sounds pretty decent when I'm listening to rock songs.But with rap it does tend to get a lil muddy some times.Kanishka,you should go with a dual 12'' sub setup for your car or even a single 12'' or 15''.Look into DD 9512s or a DD 9515.For a car you really don't need more than one really good sub such as the ones I listed above unless you plan on competing or just want ridiculously loud bass,if that's the case then go with 2 of the DD 9512s and if you're on a tighter budget get 2 DD 3512s.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1007
i love how people say something sounds bad .... how can u tell? i guarntee 95 percent of the people who bad mouth kicker subs havent heard one in a GOOD install ... sq is subjective to what u think sounds good .... i have a ton of customers who have been running l7s, cvx's, and solox's for upwards of a year with no sign of slowing down ... or blowing .. yes the build quality isnt what an FI,DD,RE, etc woofer...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2296
"i guarntee 95 percent of the people who bad mouth kicker subs havent heard one in a GOOD install ... sq is subjective to what u think sounds good .... "

"sq is subjective to what u think sounds good"

Exactly.

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1033
Like rob said the DD 9512 woould be good i can get you a good deal email hornetsnest2k3@yahoo.com tell him dakang sent you

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 613
Since you are seton the looks of a woofer, go with Audiobahn then. Because it is not popular or has chrome doesn't mean it isn't good :-) .

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 313
Kanishka Somaratne! Please listen to them. I have 2 15" Solobaric L7's and they sound like sh*t. If i were you i would go with a Digital Designs sub or an Fi sub. Or if you really want to have a popular subwoofer that everyone has heard about go with a 12 or 13" W7(if you got the money, they are over priced, but everyone knows about them). But listen to these guys. Dont get Kicker unless you just want a lot of bass that sounds like sh*t.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 878
This thread is Ghey

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 635
yea i wish people would stop argueing over kicker

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
^That is you right JB?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 881
hey JB do you have aim or msn ?

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 321
aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha ROLF

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 638
no thats not me i have aim OneRacistGuy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
oki doki guys, i will buy some thing other than kicker this time. let me post what i select before buying.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
how about MTX THUNDER 9500 , has any one used this ?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2575
Best fu ckin subwoofer ever!!! It looks so fu CKEN cool and because of that it should be louder than everything else, because everything else doesn't look as cool as it does. Yes buy it, it looks so cool...word.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2563
Trash as welll

Look into

Resonant Enginering(RE)
www.reaudio.com
FI
www.ficaraudio.com
Digital Designs(DD)
www.ddaudio.com
Acendant Audio(AA)
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/
Treo Engineering
http://www.treoonline.com/
Audioque
www.audioque.com
others can add more brands...

The MTX 9500 is basically a really sh1tty made DD9500 or Audioque HD3 in a way...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2564
Just to add... if you did get stuck with kicker... The SX would only be a good choice if you can give it enough power..if not its basically a waste.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2569
Berny thats like saying 136db is worth the jackhammer..... MTV had me rollin when he was like "thats 136 decibels, thats louder than an airplane!"

SUCH A WASTE!!!!! OF SPACE MONEY AND POWER!!!!

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 325
^^^^^ agreed x2..... Well I would listen to KiLLa on this one...all of the brands he listed...especially DD and Fi are very good, and they wont sound like sh*t either. As far as the MTX 9500, it looks badass and it is pretty loud also but it doesnt sound much better than sq kickers when u compare SQ.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341
"Berny thats like saying 136db is worth the jackhammer..... MTV had me rollin when he was like "thats 136 decibels, thats louder than an airplane!"

SUCH A WASTE!!!!! OF SPACE MONEY AND POWER!!!!"

In a real install that thing could do 150s...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2252
This guy is a f*cking joke... he came on here a week ago and asked our opinions and had at least 25 different options then he just entirely disregarded everything we said and bought an 18 inch solo X... i'm gonna garuntee he doesn't have a charging sytem either..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2579
or the power to make it get that loud....

Rob im sure it could... but with all they had on that sub..... it should have.... they suck at installing systems... they only care bout the looks... it would be funny to pull up next to that guy with the Jackhammer installed with only 1 12 in my trunk and make his sub sound like my echo.... LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
"Rob im sure it could... but with all they had on that sub..... it should have.... they suck at installing systems... they only care bout the looks... it would be funny to pull up next to that guy with the Jackhammer installed with only 1 12 in my trunk and make his sub sound like my echo.... LMAO"

Dude...I'm not sure if you noticed but that was a huge cabin and was not sealed at all...put those subs in a CAR with the mic in the LEGAL position and it would be high 150s.That was basically a "Drive by" metering.That system would easily beat your single 12 on the streets standing from outside the vehicles.Seriously man...I'm not trying to offend you because it wouldn't do any good but for your own sake,think about what you're posting and if you're gonna bash something, at least factor in everything before you say you can beat it or it sucks.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 326
on a lighter note...they could have made that jackhammer hit a lot harder then it does.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us