98 Cherokee Subs

Username: Bdbrusch

Post Number: 3
I have a 98 jeep grand cherokee. I just bought 2-12" subs, an amp, and a headunit cheap. I was wondering if there is a way to hook the subs up to my existing stock HU or do i have to install the new HU? While doing so, i won't lose my existing door speakers will I?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 517
if there is a will there is a way, what HU do you bought?

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1000
some amps have a hifi ouput i believe it is called which is for hookin a amp to a stock hu what amp do u have

And with an aftermarket HU u dont have to replace ur interior speakers and u wont loose them installin a HU is ez

Username: Bdbrusch

Post Number: 4
ha, i'll have to get back to you on that. i just got the stuff today from a kid who needed some cash, i dont have any idea what the new amp or head unit are, i'll check tomorrow. the HU in it right now is stick though

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 621
yea u can but if u dont take a set of speakers off if will take some preout voltage away and since stock decks dont have much in the first place ur goin to be hurtin i use a stock deck and have unhooked my back speakers and used a line output converter summin like this except it was pie audio

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4tptcGu5ccR/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=101PL2

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2071
You can't run subs on an HU for two reasons, they don't put out anywhere near enough power and the lack the needed crossovers.

Ya need a "mono" or "1 channel" or "subwoofer" amplifier.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2706
M.S.
Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2071

Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 01:41 am:
You can't run subs on an HU for two reasons, they don't put out anywhere near enough power and the lack the needed crossovers.

MOST subs cant be run on HU, mine can...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/re8.20.wmv

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2082
Wolfman, that was a sweep of low frequencies. You wouldn't want to do that with music or the subs would be getting the entire spectrum of frequencies, which they are not designed to reproduce.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us