Kicker products?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 551
why are ppl sayin that kicker subs suck? when i used ot read that the cvr's are good for teh price and i hear dteh l5's were sh.t btu why rar ethey sayin that cvr's are crap? are they really? and i have teh vr's and they pounded , are teh cvr's better cu zmy sis's b/f has teh cvr's and i wana knwo if his are better but i dont use teh vr's anymore they just sit in there box.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1494
ok i had a 12in cvr and i thought it was loud but then i heard "real" equipment and i will never own another kicker sub.... btw the amps and amp kits r good... not subs

Silver Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 137
are u drunk or wat pal....spellin FTL

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1037
"are u drunk or wat pal....spellin FTL"

As he misspells 3 out of 7 words

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 543

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 666
well the ones that says l5's are junk compared to the cvr's, must not heard both be4, cause i owned 2 l5 12's and 2 cvr 12's and the l5's are waaay louder than the cvr's

and both have sh!tty sq

u only get kicker for spl anyways, but im into better brands now

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2067
^^^^ If your CVRs sounded that bad then you had a P.O.S. install.

The square kicker subs suck as$, and their sound quality and build quality is among the worst of all major brands. Most people say the CVRs sound ok, and are good for the money (they can be found really cheap).

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4167
x2^^^

i've heard every kicker sub out right now, in nice installs, and i'd say the only subs they make worth buying are the cvx and the cvr (if really stuck on kicker). other than that imo they suck bad, especially the l5 and l7, l5 being the worst. imo the only people that really defend the square subs so much are the ones that bought them thinking they were the shi_t and then come to find out that thats' all they were, shi_t, and are now pissed.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 668
no they were on same amp, memphis prd1000, both in 97 blazer, and both in their spec ported boxes, and yes they sound bad, and are not worth buying because there are not even loud enough while sounding bad, u mine as well get l5 or l7

but the cvx's are good woofers loud and decent sq

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 620
this thread will turn into the other one just like it the cvrs and solo barics each have their uses some like them some hate them with a passion... this is all on personal opinions the only way to know is to own i wouldnt recomend the solo barics unless ur getting them for dirt cheap i mean dirt cheap there alot of better subs out there for the price people will say that each is loud and can retain some sq and some say the build quality is complete crap

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2072
Most people who have used CVRs get ok sound from them. Something had to have been wrong with that install.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2529
most of the people that vouch for kicker subs being good own kicker subs... so didnt listen to them people... haha

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 622
killa i own one l7 that took 2500 watts with ease and did a 140.0 in a prefab kicker box with 1 12 now its just sittin there collecting dust cuz it was just a temp sub i dont think they are the best or even near ive owned and own many other subs alot of atomics as most have seen ive seen other setup with the solobarics and the other models some loud and long lasting some not its all how u treat them ive also clipped an l7 to death they could be better but like i posted before in other threads 2 square kickers own the #1 spot for iasca stock 2 but like i said this is a never ending arguement i know cuz its happened a lot of here

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 623
thats all i got to say on it the haters can take over now

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2531
lol ya they have there uses... most subs do... even pyle... sombody has to make subs for a very afforadable price for the people who like to see smoke.. :p

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2085
JB, nobody is disputing the loudness of the Kickers. It is the terrible sound quality and build quality that makes them suck.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1040
Why anyone would ever even consider buying ANY Kicker sub is truly beyond my comprehension. If it is a money issue... save up and buy something worthwhile. For fucks sake when I was a teen like some of you I saved for up to a year to buy something that I knew would last me for a long time and that I would be proud of. I don't understand this whole "what can I get for $150, it's all I got" mentality. It has gotten to the point where I wouldn't even buy Kicker amps, even though I have owned a couple in the past and they are high quality, because the stigma of the Kicker name has become a joke IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2297
Yea JB,Kicker usually dominates in the lanes.

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 404
"but the cvx's are good woofers loud and decent sq"

I second that

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3133
"the stigma of the Kicker name has become a joke IMO."

WTF are you talking about, kicker makes some of the best amps and decent subs. yes the L5 is the biggest pos ever but kickers other subs are pretty decent, the cvr gets decently loud and has allright sq perfect for the "newb" who wants a system, the cvx step up more spl with the same sq as a cvr, the L7 yes imo it sounds like sh1t but you can't denie that biitch will get loud as fvckk.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 314
i must be insane bc i dont think L7's are loud as fuckk...nor anywhere close to being loud as fuckk

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 495
You all sound like noobs

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 445
Kicker is a nice starting system for "Newbs" who have no idea what they are doing. We all know that this is a drug that overtakes us. We start with one system and continue to build...and will continue to build...untill we all have 3 18" sitting in our mini coopers. BUT...Kicker...expecially the CVR's... are a great brand for a person who is new to car audio and just trying to get a start.
It is a good company for people who don't want to get ripped off but dont want to start into something they are unsure of and spend 5 grand on something they dislike.

...not that I'm saying i'm not a newb...because hell i am...but still..haha:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us