Chad??

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 650
hey man u know where i can get a memphis 4k at?, or if not does any1?

thanks

the reason is i just got to take a good look in my trunk and i dont have room for the 2 bl 18's, so ima get 1 btl fully loaded and probly on this amp

i want the loudest single sub setup availible, just 1 btl 18 will do it right?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 509
no0t even relatively close lol i can think of 10 subs off top of head that would eat up a btl

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2562
I would like you to name those 10 subs because I'm really interested in what can. Just curious..

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 516
Upload

i wanna see you try, it may not be the best, but there are not 10 better

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6085
For the $$, right now FI has the stage, and ppl are watching/buying for a reason. How many subs cheaper than FI can "eat up a BTL"? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2239
for the money? none. But there are a few that could work it in SPL... Atomic APXX, Treo CSX, DDz, DD 9500... those are the few I can think of.. Maybe the RD SHW or HW

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2240
for the money? none. But there are a few that could work it in SPL... Atomic APXX, Treo CSX, DDz, DD 9500... those are the few I can think of.. Maybe the RD SHW or HW... I forgot the Solo X

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
it aint got to be the loudest in the world, i just mean that should still be very loud, around 4000rms on it and fully loaded btl 18 shouldnt it?

off my question lol, but i hooked my camaro system up today and put it in the trunk of my cutlass for temperary, and holy sh!!!!!!!t its waaay louder i turned it on volume 10 and mudd fell off everywhere (cause i drive on dirt roads a lot) but the single btl 18 will still put a mudhole throuh my 2 12's right? i think so

Silver Member

Post Number: 658
yea thats why i was talkin bout btl for price

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1025
I would also like to know these 10 subs that will "eat up a BTL".

Great .gif Why, I haven't seen that one and was forced to lift it immediately

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 604
reece they dont make apxx in 10s but the apx is one loud sunbeech i would put one aginst a btl

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 605
and if ur goin for spl get an apx 18 or apxx 18 or rd heavyweight or super heavyweight they will both be louder than a btl

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
^^ were takin bout 18's bro

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
i dont wanna spend over 500 on 1 18 though, thats why btl lol

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 607
the apx 18 isnt over 500

Gold Member

Post Number: 6088
There ya go. FI FTMFW!!

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 426
For the money, FI is what you need.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 609
if u want louder u have to pay more

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
wats the atomics price?

apx

apxx

18's

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 510
apx, apxx, dd 95, dd z, csx, shocker sig, neo-sig, solo x, rd hw and shw, theres more i'll think of believe me. i didnt say for the money. the btl is a superb sub for the money but theres a bunch of subs that WILL get louder

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12464
everyone has their opinions. its all in the install.

as far as getting the amps, i don't know where to get it. i got lucky and found a dude locally that had a couple.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 612
email atomic and find the prices i dont think the 18 apx isnt but like 450 shipped

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 429
No you dont. Build a nice box and youll be very satisfied with the BTL.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1720
ya kno... to run a 4kw, your probably going to have to spend more on electrical/wiring than the sub itself

Gold Member

Post Number: 6090
You got a H@LL of a deal Chad on those. I remember it was an insane deal. I think you're hiding something.

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 431
x2 paul

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 613
both are nice subs but when it comes to it spl is better on atomics btls will prolly have a bit more sq both are realy nice he asked witch would be louder and thats that

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 432
so you heard the btl?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1029
"You got a H@LL of a deal Chad on those. I remember it was an insane deal. I think you're hiding something."

He promised him hot wings for life.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12465
lol brad.

anyways this is the way i see it about what sub is louder or not. lets say i took my btl's out right now and put a pair of the other subs mentioned. how much would i improve on my score. i am hitting 151.1 right now so if i changed the subs out would i hit 152, 153, or even 154. i don't see that happening.

i am however thinking of doing the rd audio heavyweights. its not that they might be louder but sound cleaner. especially if i got the sql model.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1050
ok just FYI for all of you who dont know......
chad IS the sh!t...ok back on subject.
if we have all variables isolated and were just changing from a btl to say an 18" woofer like a 9918 both on 4k rms..maybe u gain .7 of a DB but you payin double the price, thats why unless your a serious competitor i think Fi is the way to go

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
^^^^ x2

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3375
"ok just FYI for all of you who dont know......
chad IS the sh!t..."

i didnt know chad had a fan club????

although i must agree with em you cannot swap out subs and expect a gain,

its 10 % equipment and 90% install!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
off my original subject lol, but on realmofexcursion, can u download test tones and burn on a cd?

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1417
"it aint got to be the loudest in the world"

you have to be very specific, you are on ecoustics, you say one wrong thing and you will unleash a whole swarm of internet competition ninjas...

my advice, dont ask for adivice on here. this guy says the BTL, then this guy seems to like the apxx for some reason so that has to be the best on the planet, but wait, this guy over here says that the 9515 hands down depending on the install and how big of balls the owner has will depend on how many windsheilds it will beat, then all the sudden this guy from left field remembers that the solox will rip the 9515 a new arsh once it gets in the ten million watt range.

but its 90%/10%... so there is always that chance that the 15" funky pup will come out of nowhere and own all mankind with the baddest install on the planet.

anyway, these threads suck, haha... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 665
^^ lol true

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 984
no one told him were to get a mem 4kw email hornetsnest2k3@yahoo.com 550 tell him Dakang sent u

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 985
also to no y the BTL is as good as it is read this story http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7337

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
^^^^^^ thanks alot bro

there is my answer lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2066
" its 10 % equipment and 90% install!!!! "

Thank you, finally somebody said it! BTW Mark Potts is proof positive of that, remember when he was winning comps with TypeRs.....

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 993
yea Mr speaker box is good at makin boxes im gettin one from him premier u shoudl to TCAB 4 the win

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 614
thats why unless your a serious competitor i think Fi is the way to go

i do agree with this if u are getting it to impress people around you get it unless u just have that much extra money laying around but if u are a serious competitor which i guess ur not go fi ull be happy

i agree that it is mostly install but for competitions with the atomics and fi box in the best possible enclosure i would lean the win more to the atomic u can only put so much on the btls but ive seen people burp atomics on over 30kws but thats some serious competing

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2069
" if we have all variables isolated and were just changing from a btl to say an 18" woofer like a 9918 both on 4k rms..maybe u gain .7 of a DB but you payin double the price, thats why unless your a serious competitor i think Fi is the way to go "

It is not just the SPL that makes DD subs what they are. You are paying for the build quality, as in they use parts of much higher grade than necessary, also known as overbuilding. You get what you pay for, and it's up to each individual how much they are willing to pay, and what price is worth it. Price is after all the one thing that keeps us all from have the best system we can dream of.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1051
yeah but Fi definetly builds quality products. probably overbuilt for DD. i dont think you ALWAYS get what you pay for in car audio...(jackhammer) but generally i agree
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us