Pictures of the fried Earthquake...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2522
http://www.box.net/shared/0de7gbpvpd

Download the pictures and they are full resolution, VERY BIG 7.2 MP :p look at the diodes or transistors i forget what they called... the things connecting to the heat sink... they are burned.. melted... and blown apart... but the ammp still makes sound... but its getting sent back for a replacment..

BTW you people should try that place for pictures...its pretty nice.. like a web operated windows folder... for storage 1gb for free accounts... store anything to i think... just a idea... better then all that resize bs from this forum.. haha

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 897
lol looks like its a little burnt haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 2536
just a little? Do you see the pieces that actually blew apart from under the heatsink? :-X

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4891
Looks like you took out a few caps and fets. Maybe a resistor or 2.

Sorry to say this, but thats what you get for buying Earthquake. I get smoked Earthquake stuff in at the shop from time to time. The only amps we get in more often that a smoked is Power Acoustik.
(A shop across town sells Earthquake)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2544
nah the caps are fine thats just smoke from the resistors... lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2303
Weren't you running that amp at a load lower than reccomended?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4894
I dont know man...those caps look alil swollen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2547
naw there fine, its prolly the picture but yea i was running it at 1ohm for the past 2months or so

Gold Member

Post Number: 2310
"naw there fine, its prolly the picture but yea i was running it at 1ohm for the past 2months or so"

That could be the reason it blew up.Hmm or something else.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3376
it doesnt surprise me you blew your amp......clip clip clip BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Gold Member

Post Number: 2326
^Hahahaha.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2722
WOW, I wonder how long those DD's were seeing straight DC voltage for? Ummm, you can keep them now, LMFAO....Polo. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1139
does that amp even have a cooling fan...

my earthquake amp only gets a little hot and the fan cools it right down. i like mine fine

Gold Member

Post Number: 2551
It never really got hot...warm if that. WOW clip clip.... explains how you got your VC rubbing reckless.... :-p And once again.... not clipping. Amp running 1ohm... meant for 2... long time... and just so i pretty much know it wasnt clipping.... the gain was turned all the way down, and i set my line driver to 5.5V@60hz the amps max input before clipping is 6V.. also again... the amp does have a clipping light on it... i never seen it light up... unless i turn the gain up....which i dont do cuz it sounds crappy

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2723
As soon as that amp malfunctioned, it shot straight voltage to those subs, fact. Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2343
"It never really got hot...warm if that. WOW clip clip.... explains how you got your VC rubbing reckless.... :-p And once again.... not clipping. Amp running 1ohm... meant for 2... long time... and just so i pretty much know it wasnt clipping.... the gain was turned all the way down, and i set my line driver to 5.5V@60hz the amps max input before clipping is 6V.. also again... the amp does have a clipping light on it... i never seen it light up... unless i turn the gain up....which i dont do cuz it sounds crappy"

Things don't stay cool when they're burning.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2727
"Things don't stay cool when they're burning"

Sure they do, it is called Cold Fusion, lol. Killa what do you mean by saying reckless got his coil rubbing, did he fck his DD up already? Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
"Sure they do, it is called Cold Fusion, lol. Killa what do you mean by saying reckless got his coil rubbing, did he fck his DD up already? Polo.. "

Oooh,are you an expert on cold fusion Polo?If you know a bit enlighten me please.All I know is it involves a rapid increase of temperature from Cold to warmer and I never knew it involved anything burning but I know it produces an electrical charge during cold fusion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2570
His last sub, the reason he hooked it up to the outlet.. he wanted to fry it because of the DB loss form the VC rubbing. The heatsink never got hot really...is what i mean maybe 100F at tops.. after 3-4hours of basically continous play. I dont clip my amps.... it sounds sh1tyy... not for me... the reason it blew is ither because the cops clipped it for the ride to the impound and it damaged it or running it at 1ohm for so long... but i do find it wierd that it blows 2 weeks after the cops fu<ked with my sh1t... it never really sounded completely the same once i got it back. Would amp clipping for about 5 minutes do enough damage like that? I think if anything polo is right about the cold fusion because the amp wasnt on very long at all and when it smoked i pulled over right away to check it out and it was just as cold as it would be if it was off for hours. Im not really thinking it was a voltage problem anymore just because of these facts... i also did a few tests on my electrical... i cant get it below the battery floater voltage with the alt having the high rpm problem... so i know i didnt drop under 12V

Gold Member

Post Number: 2345
Lol...you think Cold Fusion occured in your amp?Hahahahaha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
You ran a 2-Ohm stable amp at 1-Ohm Killa.What did you think would happen?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2571
That it would get to hot and blow.... it seemed really fine with it before it went to the impound.. never got hot.... the whole reason of rating what ohm load a amp can handle is because of produced heat.... it didnt poduce much heat so i doubt it had anything to do with overheating.. it wasnt clipping... what else could it be.... somthing had to of been changing temperatures really fast or just busted from 1ohm over time... or the clipping the dumb fu<k cop did..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2572
But ive heard plenty of people running a PHD5000D at 1 ohm... they never had a problem with it... and they dont even have charging systems as good as mine.... and mine isnt even all that good.

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 33
Hey killa do you know anything? Those caps are about to burst and do not funtion correctly when pictured as is Your Gold status should be REVOKED!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Hey killa do you know anything? Those caps are about to burst and do not funtion correctly when pictured as is Your Gold status should be REVOKED! I agree with Canaan!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2348
"That it would get to hot and blow.... it seemed really fine with it before it went to the impound.. never got hot.... the whole reason of rating what ohm load a amp can handle is because of produced heat.... it didnt poduce much heat so i doubt it had anything to do with overheating.. it wasnt clipping... what else could it be.... somthing had to of been changing temperatures really fast or just busted from 1ohm over time... or the clipping the dumb fu<k cop did.."

How do you know the cop was clipping it?Didn't you say your voltage never drops?I think the amp would have blown up when the cop was clipping it and not when you were using it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2583
Let me jsut say this... your a noob.... caps are fine i work on computers all the time and i see caps blow on the motherboard alllll the time. These arent even bulging its jsut the picture, the only things that actually show any damage are the diodes on the side.... that are blown apart and burned and stuff. Im sure i have more then enough knowledge for my Gold status....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2352
Lol,your gold status doesn't mean you know any more than someone with 1 post.Anyhow...the amp is fugged so who cares why or how it blew up,we can't bring it back so let's just forget about the whole thing and hopefully your new amp works without a problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
GX270 caps per say? I work on computers for a living.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2584
hahaha lots of thoseGX270's are becoming really old news tho warrantys are running up, good thing everyone is buying precisions now :-)

Rob, i know it was clipping because i set the gain on the amp to match the volume i used for setting the gain on my comps as well. I heard them crackling crazy on the way, and heard the distortion. T....and i could just hear it was alot higher then i set it for... that and my batterys were dead when i got it from the impound... so im sure he was clipping it.
....But you cant say i dont know enough to be gold... seriously.. i know good brands, lots of sources, how to install, computer stuff, ect... i post in other parts of the forum as well... my status is FORUM WIDE

lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2728
FTR, Rob STFU, lol. You know I was being sarcastic, do you really thing there was cold fusion in there? That is almost idiotic for you to think that I myself thought there was cold fusion in an amp! Think about it, If I was able to create cold fusion, if anyone was it would change our world for ever, almost like proving anti-matter exists and putting it in a test tube, dummy... :-O Polo.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3377
"It never really got hot...warm if that. WOW clip clip.... explains how you got your VC rubbing reckless...."

"His last sub, the reason he hooked it up to the outlet.. he wanted to fry it because of the DB loss form the VC rubbing. "

ummm...wtf are you talking about??????

i nvr did ne of thatr i sold my last sub, why wont you just admit you clipped the amp
i know your living in this fantasy world where
you think youhit 150dbs playin music which i KNOW for a fact you didnt and also think your not gunna blow an amp running it an ohm load below its reccomened specs......i feel like you are only a gold member thru post whoring along with a number of members on this forum that i will not name *cough* LOGAN! 7K posts??? WTF is that bro.. sry man it annoys me when you guys make bullsh!t posts nothing informative...
let me ask you a question what did you expect would happen when you wired it to 1ohm????
to run 4ever on magical current that comes from no where,if so then you have to choices

A. admit your living a lie and have no clue about systems

or

B. continue living in denial at the fact that you know anything about car audio.

but i digress, in short

Killa you are full of more sh! then a toilet after a fat man that just ate taco bell, and took ExLax, took a shq, which made this toilet over flowS And spill all over the floor.....
you killa are the sh!t and the floor is ecoustics.

Long awaited rant from me dave.
feel free to be offended and retaliate.

have a HORRIBLE day!

ps i feel srry for those DDs just a matter of time till the see the end due to a careless owner

Gold Member

Post Number: 3378
took a sh!t******

sorry spelling error on my part

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2734
Upload<:-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 2353
"FTR, Rob STFU, lol. You know I was being sarcastic, do you really thing there was cold fusion in there? That is almost idiotic for you to think that I myself thought there was cold fusion in an amp! Think about it, If I was able to create cold fusion, if anyone was it would change our world for ever, almost like proving anti-matter exists and putting it in a test tube, dummy... :-O Polo.
"

I wasn't talking about you thinking cold fusion occured in there,that was directed towards Killa.Oh and last I read,cold fusion has been created over and over but they're not getting the energy out that they're putting in.However,on the same subject Polo, some scientist claimed that he got 10 times the energy out of Cold Fusion than he put in.Killa,next time run your amps at ohm loads they're stable at.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2589
Wow....... let me jsut point out a few more things ONCE AGAIN!!!!! Amp wasnt clipping.... i know what clipping is... Subs didnt see straight voltage because they didnt get loud when the amp blew... they just made a funky noise which i think was coming straight out of the amp, the subs sounded like the bass pretty much faded out. THE AMP WAS NOT CLIPPING once again for that reckless... im pretty sure i seen you make a post before about blowing your combing out because the VC was rubbing... from misuse.... I doubt my subs will blow... they are completely fine and sound like they did when i first got them. Im not trrying to argu with this dumb fu<k right now...he would sh1t his pants in my ride from my 2 subs.... on 3K...and jsut so i do know it is a very good install... before the amp blew...... I even had people at sound dealers asking if i wanted a job when they seen\heard the sh1t... haterz.... i swear.....

A amp blows because of low ohm load... or clipping from the cops but yet fu<k nuts that are jealous hate on it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3384
"he would sh1t his pants in my ride from my 2 subs.... on 3K...and jsut so i do know it is a very good install... "

honestly that sentence just proved how newb you are...implying that yours si the loudest i would hear. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ive sat in cars ranging from 155-159 playin music bassrace style on a TL not a ghey little spl mic, plz think about what your sayin b4 you say anything, it makes you look stupid.
and i dout you have a very good install b/c your amp did blew, didnt it? makin it a poor install i believe, the funny thing is im running my kx2500.1 on a stock alternator and a kinetik hc2400 and it rarely get heated, makin my install a Very good install!

"im pretty sure i seen you make a post before about blowing your combing out because the VC was rubbing... from misuse...."

show me the thread and youll make me eat my words, but i never made a thread stating my VC were rubbing, once again makin you look stupid.

"Wow....... let me jsut point out a few more things ONCE AGAIN!!!!! Amp wasnt clipping.... i know what clipping is... Subs didnt see straight voltage because they didnt get loud when the amp blew... they just made a funky noise which i think was coming straight out of the amp, the subs sounded like the bass pretty much faded out. THE AMP WAS NOT CLIPPING once again for that reckless"

and this is were your newb really shows, do you even know what clipping is???
heres a definition taken from wikipedia:

When an amplifier is pushed to create a signal with more power than it can support, it will amplify the signal only up to its maximum capacity, at which point the signal will be amplified no further. As the signal simply "cuts" or "clips" at the maximum capacity of the amplifier, the signal is said to be "clipping."

did you read that right???

well if i do remember right you lowered the ohm load below its specifications meaning you were drawing more power then the amp itself could be capable of handling, so it pushed the power to its extents and clipped the rest of the signal.
so when you say it wasnt clipping you were talkin outta your @s$ b/c you dont even know what the word clipping means. Once again showing your noob.

you might have DDs and a decent amplifier and a box made by TTB but that by no means you know anything about car audio, those were ppls suggestions that you followed, try to research something before you attempt to put up a valid arguement which you clearly failed to do.

also im not hatin why would i hate when i can make a single 15" hit numbers which most need 2+ subs to do.

killa youve just been pwned, exit to your left, run to your nearest bridge and jump!

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 683
it was marshall that plugged his dd in a wall socket and if u think that u have anything on cannan u should think again i would like to see the score sheet that says u was doin 150s on music....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2365
"before the amp blew...... I even had people at sound dealers asking if i wanted a job when they seen\heard the sh1t... haterz.... i swear....."

Name the shops please,if they're looking for installers I wouldn't mind a part time job on the weekends or after my current job.Hook it up Killa!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4203
plus canaan bought his DD fucked up in the first place

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2735
Usually what happens is a cascade effect. The lower Ohmage that you were running caused the ouput fets to draw more power than the amps power supply could provide. When this happens the power supply fets blow and then takes out the output fets causing straight voltage to your subs. This is why amplifier clipping not signal clipping is so dangerous. Amplifier clipping is a result of an amps power supply not having enough current for the fets to do there switching thus clipping occurs. Most good amps have low voltage protection but the cheaper ones are still lacking.Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2121
" Ohmage "

LOL, inventing new words Polo?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2614
"the funny thing is im running my kx2500.1 on a stock alternator and a kinetik hc2400 and it rarely get heated, makin my install a Very good install! "

^Just a good amp.... my amp is just a cheap thing for some power... if you honestly think its a high end amp your dumb...

I know what clipping is, and i kno how my gain was set, i had a clamp meter and DMM when i set it as well.

I blew the combing on my subs because they pos power acoustics mofo series getting 700rms more then they wanted... the combinb eventually broke over time. I rebuild them with a old combing i had from audiobahns but after about 2 weeks the VC got smashed on them from music getting to low and the combing not supporting it.

Mat i wasnt sure who it was but i thought it was reckless, btw canaan did do somthing that fu<ked it up more, he said he was abusing it and the VC started rubbing and he lost a few db.

I built the box myself...my amp wasnt clipping..very nice install.....

Rob, its Music in Motion, they dont hire part time or just weekends. I told them i would only be able to do weekends they said they needed fulltime.

Wait until i get a new amp, ill buy a TL afterwards and show you what i hit with 3Krms... But god damn why do people always gotta be hating on sh1t... i jsut show pics of the amp and people automatically call it nub sh1t... amps blow when abused yea.... they also blow when they aint the best build and they are running at to low a ohm laod... over time it causes damage...

BTW i dont really think i was pWn'd... i think you just get your hopes to high... and thats gamer talk... join some CSS and ill merc u crazy style... :-p

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 701
i still wanna see the scoresheet that says 152

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12537
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2618
i dont have the TL i can show u pics of the AC tho...

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 686
id get a kicker, memphis, rf, sundown, ed, dd, orion, or any upper class amps next time lol

but why it burn up? jw

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2738
Ohmage is my word! :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
"You ran a 2-Ohm stable amp at 1-Ohm Killa.What did you think would happen?"

ohhhh, expecially an earthquake brand, but srry to hear killa

Gold Member

Post Number: 2619
^My next choice of amp is ...

Adassa Warlord
Atomic 5000.1
RD 5750.. if they still do stock them..

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 256
why go for the noob sh!t?

get a pyle amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2620
haha thats just asking to waste my power.... pyle strongest amp prolly wouldnt even make the sub move much lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
"why go for the noob sh!t?

get a pyle amp"

i hope that is a joke lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2628
i hope so.... if it isnt he need to kill himself

Gold Member

Post Number: 2368
Which Music In Motion?The Chicago Heights one or the one on 137th and Cicero?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2369
Oh and by the way Chris from Music in Motion was supposedly hitting 151s off of a JL 1000/1 Meca Style.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2635
The one on cicero is that 137th tho 143rd i think.. its right off midlo turn pike

The owner told me he was hitting 165s with 3 dub 7's i think dont remember if he said 10s or 13s tho... he was tellin me about the setup in his ride to... so i got them confused on sizes..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2370
Those guys are JL purists so I kinda don't like them for that reason.If you own anything than what they sell they usually talk sh1t,they also rip you off horribly for installs and all that good stuff but they do some nice work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2636
yea i like how there work looks but the pricese are extreemly steep, they wanted 700$+ to build a custom box for me... with the plans provided from me.. i said fu<k that.. I actually talked to them about the JL thing... When they seen i had DD's they asked what series i said 9500F and they were all amazed by them. They only heard\read about them in car audio magazines but cant try it or carry many more products then they have because off the g@y contract JL makes it sellers carry...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12549
KILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2741
I say fck it, lets ride down there bump in there parking lot and go inside ask for some 300A fuses, lol. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 703
this is why u dont brag about an AC reading.....
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Various/tl_vs_ac.wmv

enough said

Gold Member

Post Number: 2377
"I say fck it, lets ride down there bump in there parking lot and go inside ask for some 300A fuses, lol. Polo.. "

Those guys run 1000/1s about 99 times out of 100 lol so they probably won't even have a 300 amp fuse :-( They have some Focal subs there and Earthquake's HOLEEPOS sub too.That Rolls they got in there is nice though.Like I said they do really nice and clean work but you pay insane an insane amount of money for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3388
imma do what everyone else did
give up..your as hardheaded as any idiot can be
you think you hit 150 fine whatever you say,
aparently thiers no way to explain to an idiot that he's wrong. You and your imaginary numbers have fun....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3390
didnt bump, kinda like your system currently

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4770
kill au can see if ur sub are clipping or not someting ur clipping ur subs but ur sounds dont sound like they are clipping the only method to know if ur clipping your subs u have to use a oscilloscope.......... if u never used a real oscilloscope u really dont know if u were clipping your subs... i took my car with my homie at phd electronics he knows how to test the amps etc.. he has a separate oscilloscope and 1000 dollar amp metter and a clamp... he tested mine and set everything that had no clipping... im running 1460 watts rms of clean power i can get more if i upgrade my alternator because of the stock alt the amps are not pusshing their rated power..

if u did not use an oscilloscope u dont have any idea wat clipping is period.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4772
the kicker its a good amp but power hungry..but its damn reliable and tuff when handle it properly if u need a kicker kx2500.1 hit me up i have one rite now...

oh and theres no way 3 jlaudio w7 will hit 167 not even if they are 15's.... the jl audio its so efficient that will nto take more than 3000 rms for burps....so to hit 165 ull have to put it in a mini cooper be the best car audio box maker and have at least 10,000 rms of power and u will need to use cement all over th car and thicker glass if nuttin that i said its not made it will never hit 165.... thats juzz real thing...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2638
reckless suck my nuts already u flamin h0mo... i already said about 300 times that it was a mother fu<king ac and its what i seen i never said it was a 150+ on TL (excep t broken mic)so jsut fu<king suck them already.... or get off my fu<king nuts! Rob i think it was a mini cooper actually, but it was either 160 or 165 he said, im sure it sounded like crap and i believe he said they were horn loaded boxes... but i didnt see any proof of that.. i had a hard time believing it to but he said he has trhopies to prove it.. but they are all above the floor on the shelf.. so you cant really read what each on is for..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3393
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2649
is that yo b1tch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3396
i didnt know you refer yourself in third person.
but yes you are my b!tch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us