6,000 watts of power bass amps

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 770
ok iam wondering if the powerbass 1.500 are good guessin they are but the power issue would a 200amp alt,big 3, 2 yellow tops an 1 run of power wire 0 gauage an 1 run og 0 gauge of ground off the starter battery (yellow top)to the 2nd yellow top in back 2 all 4 power bass amps power alright might b usin 2 12" btl's

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 771
http://www.millionbuy.com/powasa15001d.html

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 956
i'd say no if i were u get a Mem 4kw 4000 underated watts each 4800 rms watts at 12 volts and around 400 so about 800 instead of buyin 4 powerbass u will save money and seriously power them thangs Hornets nest has them

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 957
or u can get one

RF t4000 700
Atomic 5000.1 700
Atomic 7000.1 1000

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4540
powerbass is good.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1594
Powerbass ASA amps put out about %80 of rated power a good budget amp.

Powerbass XA amps do rated power. Good amps

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 974
they mite be good but y get 4 of them when u only need 2 mem 4kw 900 for both

and the 4kw does 5760 at 14.4 volts and 4800 at 12 volts at 80% effiecient but i think it is more Effecient

Also
Memphis > PowerBass

You'll be gettin 2 1200 dolla amps for only 900

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 975
"all 4 power bass amps"

Trust me u will only need 2 4kw and be much cheaper and easier to install cant go rong

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 976
hornetsnest2k3@yahoo.com email him about the 4kw u wont be disapointed

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 977
if ur qorried about those subs not being able to take that much that is a lie they can easily handle that are they gonna be fully loaded BTL's

P Chamfer
Cooling
3rdMagnet
HiXmCoil

Depending on u plan to use it is up to u for Daily or SPL and Universal or not

Gold Member

Post Number: 4543
Joey, do you have a review on those powerbass... cuz i think they're good rated.

A link, or a good post from an owner?

For example.. that 1500w model has 5x30A fuses.. it should be right in that zone, 1500-1600w. But IDK...

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1596
juliob

That was from Powerbass and the local Powerbass dealers. I would put the ASA with the Brutus.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 311
"the 4kw does 5760 at 14.4 volts and 4800 at 12 volts "

Where did you get those numbers from? I'm all for the memphis 4kw, but those numbers aren't correct. And at what impeadance also?

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 991
500amp fuse if 80% efficient 14.4 volt is 5760 1ohm

500AMP FUSE two 250's

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2073
Dude, if you don't know what you're talking about STOP POSTING and start reading.

Everyone here (except you apparently) knows that you can't measure amplifier output based on fuse size, LOL. Those amps are known to do 4kw at the most at 1 ohm. And then there's the issue of them being destroyed by low voltage, I presume that's reason most competitors don't use them.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2074
The calculation based on fuse size gives you the maximum amount of power it would be physically possible for a particular amplifier to produce regardless of the internal components, not how much it will actually produce.

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1008
but it produces that amount its max wattage is its rms and yea i no that it poos at low voltage and is known to break but dont let it drop

Memphis is capable im not gonna say that about any amp so yea i do no sumwhat im talkin about

i'm sure there are better amps out there but my opinion from what i heard mem 4kw is really good

Mem is underated

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1010
but also u have to excuss me the onyl way i can learn is by sayin sumtin i think being rong and bein told what is rite but everyone here does it in a rude way

Makin fun of the way i spell just go no post whore it is like this and id be like ok thanx but NOOOOOOOO it has to be like BLAH BLAH ur cant type BLAH BLAH ur dum or w/e

Dont be D1cks cause bush is an @$$ and u dont wnat him to sit on u H A HA

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2079
" but it produces that amount its max wattage is its rms "

Ummm, WTF?

" Mem is underrated "

Not by much.

" 500amp fuse if 80% efficient 14.4 volt is 5760 1ohm "

Show me a bench test of a Memphis 4kw doing that. I dare you.

You really need to stop talking about sh!t you don't know and stop making blatantly inaccurate statements.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2080
If you don't know something, then ask a question. That's what this forum is for. But don't try to give out advice if you yourself don't know the answer.

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1011
somethings i no and some i dont

What i ment by that is most amps have a max wattage and then they have a max RMS this amp just has a max RMS wattage

Gold Member

Post Number: 4545
a friend told me about a 2 channel powerbass being overrated by 5watts only. He goes to caraudioforum.

About memphis, just use it the way it's recommended.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2292
If I go with the way 'Post Whore' is finding watts, then I should be able to get more watts if I traded my 3 30a fuses with 3 50a fuses huh?

Sweet!

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1021
no cause ur amp isnt rated for that. Nice try makin fun of me but i neva said anything like that. I was told that is how u find the Wattage. I was rite but to a certain level

How long are all of u gonna talk about this. It is ova move on i admit to makin a mistake

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1022
And a second thing is, I mrntioned actually a really good amp , that amp would be way better then 4 power basses , Cause you would only need 2 of them. He could also save money by going with the MEM 4kw

Sure it can fail if u have a voltage Drop bellow 12, but you wouldnt want that with any amp or sub hooked up.

So i might have been wrong about the end answer to the calculation. The calculations were just tho and the amp i am pointing him towards is too. So in the end i just dont get you all

You have to admit i am rite when it comes to that

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2316
Dru,it is really hard to understand you because of how you type :-( Any chance you could edit your posts and correct them at all?Then I'd be able to respond to more of your posts because they'd make some sense to me.

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1025
wtf! In my last post i did my best i used Commas, Periods, Eclamations, i spaced the words out, spaced out the sentences. and i spelt good. I honestly don't see the difference in my last post between mine and yours

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 474
is that a joke? did you f*ck up on that last one on purpose?

and your wrong about the memphis 4kw. im pretty sure its 4000x1 at 14.4 volts and 1 ohm.
like they said you can only calculate the max watts with the fuse sizes

Gold Member

Post Number: 4551
Fuse sizes can give you an idea on what to expect. For example, you won't see a 1000w rms amp using 60A fuse. But, you can see 80A in 1000w rms, and 90A too.

Remember efficiency, power supply and other components. But fuses can give you an idea. Remember that

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1708
wheres everyone getting these 4kws so cheap??? someone please give me a link.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
I guess the bottom line Post Whore, is that you are a post whore. You need to try to limit your posting of crap and you should be alright.

By the way, your typing is almost as illegible as lil rob's.

Jake: If you are serious about wanting the hook-up on that amp, let me know and I'll put you in contact with the guy himself.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2718
You know not everyone knows everything on this forum this is the reason why we are all here, to learn. My acting like you do just shows your ignorance because not even god was perfect, remember he also created racist people.... Polo :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2719
By... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1711
matt i am serious.

my AIM is jakeyplaysbass26
or email apapa@chaminade-stl.com

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1035
hornetsnest2k3@yahoo.com email him for the 4kw tell him dakang sent u

Hate me all u want, make fun of me, call me ignorant, cause i dont care

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
I was in no way trying to act like I know everything. However, I was lashing out against illegibility and post whoring in general.

My issue is more with posts whores then Post Whore himself. That's the issue with this forum; people repeating what they hear from other people what they heard from other people and so on. It becomes a mass of un-credible information. It ties up the more experienced user's time trying to explain something 6 times and confuses the beginners who don't know what to believe. It's hard to get anything accomplished with all the post whoring going on.

Jake: The address Post Whore listed is correct, so that's how I would contact Ronnie

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1040
My name is post whore, I am not a post whore though. It mite be tru that some post i do are wrong. I also have alot of other posts where i have helped. I admit i was wrong on this one and apoligize. I heard this is the way from many people, should have researched it like most of the time, live and learn. In no way i meaned to cause confusion, for that i'm am sry, i thought i new. The calculations and the numbers were rite, but the fact behind it being RMS wasn't

By the way known fact

Nate so The memphis 4kw was tested 12v to be 4000x1 at 1 ohm, not 14.4

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1041
"Nate so The memphis 4kw was tested 12v to be 4000x1 at 1 ohm, not 14.4"

I'm correcting my self on that i thought you said 12v

and i mixxed it up myself, it is 14.4 volts, you said that so ignore that last part

i rote that sentence rong

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
Well like I said, even though I lashed out at you, you're not really the problem; we all make mistakes. I guess your name just draws a bit more attention than anybody elses. But this does not change the fact that there is a post whoring epidemic on this forum.

Also, A++++++ on the improved sentence structure and grammar! haha

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1045
HA HA

Yea i need to stop being lazy and start typing so people can understand me

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1206
Whoa, nice thread! I started whipping post whore into shape in 2 other threads, way to finish it off, guys!! Or should I say...

whoa nece thrid iz startteded wiping post whore to chape in oder thridz u guyz finis it of

Good job on improvement, post whore!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us