RE fading out on this forum

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1588

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 425
Yeah and what happen to Treo? I feel like i used to hear soo much about the XXX's and everything....

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 481
prices man, prices

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 928
damn right... its freaking insane

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6059
Subs are like computers. Evolution is quicker than consumption.

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 325
yea theres bandwagons/trends. first it was RE then Treo then DD then Fi now it seems like its going to RD maybe. but i think its all about personal taste and prices. im buying Fi's becuase they are a great value from what ive heard and read. Treo makes great subs but i dont have 1000 to blow on an SSX. so im goin for a BTL. there all good subs tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 6061
FI is a GREAT value for your $$. Hands down.

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
Wasn't there a group buy for the DD's a while back?

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 236
Fi is not a bandwagon. They are popular for a reason.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2677
I love my RE8's should be puttin' some power to them by next weekend YAY

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/re8.20.wmv

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4886
The reason RE faded out is the buy-out. Scott left the company and started Fi and that will be the new RE.(and even better hopfully)

DD is great. Always will be, but the price is alil high for some people. (especially since Scott's subs are availible for great prices)

Treo...well they seem like they have faded away everywhere. The make good stuff, but you never hear about them and seldom see them at comps.

Fi and Atomic are gaining ground in Louisiana. DD is holding their own, but their ability to supply their dealers is hurting them.

I would like to see my boss pick up RD, since they have amps and mids too. But, I'm gonna have to look into AA when they finally come alive again :-)

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 485
C. Reming, when i got here it was treo then re then aa then dd then re again now its fi. rd should take off too. they r all great brands but some r more pricey than others thats y they fell off. cheaper things of equal or lesser value came out and bumped them off. when ascendant came along in early '06 it was the bomb because an arsenal was selling for $160 pre-order. dd seems to be the only company that can keep up the "bandwagon" even w/ high prices. but they don't run the lanes for nothing ;)

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 486
yes, i forgot to mention the big buy-out w/ RE and US amps. that really hurt RE's rep.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4887
You guys know what the BIGGEST bandwagon drop-off i have seen here on ecoustics was????

ADIRE....
great company (for awhile) but they dropped off the map! i even owned a brahma mkII 10"...prolly the best sounding sub i have ever heard. (IMO)

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 489
o yea. brahma mkII was a great sub. that and image dynamics really fell off hard. problem i saw was both companies had a great flagship sub with the brahma and the id-max but didnt have anything higher or of great quality that was lower. i never liked the idq but adire did have the tempest. not enough options with the companies is what i'm trying to say lol.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 925
b4 FI and all my fav sub the one i wanted to get had to be the RE MT's SHO FO but then i found a 13 w7 for half off and i bought it then sold it to get some a Mem 4kw still waiting for the money stupid pay pal always being G@Y

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
Hah, Scott Knows too much...i think that is what this thread has established, and if anyone can put stock in him than do it! haha...RE was all about him...Fi is him...and then AA has now become partners with him.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 929
he is like a virus and he is spreading who now who is next

But not a bad virus a good virs like umm sht dunno of a good virus but he is one keep spreading man u make great sub that are InFInitely Amazing and cheap

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 514
cant beat Fi, really good subs, cheap, and the best customer service ever, i mean i bought 1 12" sub from there, and i still contact with scott and he replays fast, any question i have about the sound system he gives his opinion even if Fi isnt the answer.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2561
Yes Adire was really really big in 04. You thought you saw a lot of Fi threads. go back in time and see how many brahma threads you can find. Plenty indeed ;).

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 872
i have to say adire was before my time here lol, i came in right around the AA hype, thats why i have an arsenal lol yea cuz it was like 150-160 preo-order lol, but yea treo fell off big time, re is still around kinda but they are soooo f'n expensive why buy an mt for a million follars when a btl is only like 350-400 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1820
i want to see AA's new subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 6075
Back of the line man.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1821
lol.....................................fine

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7132
I still have an RE sub.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 891
lol for sure man ive been waiting forever, ppl that have AA subs should get info first..... oh wait thatd be me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 593
got an re mt here waitin on a recone there prices just are way too high now for anyone to mess with them for me its atomic

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12017
Simply put, RE was a great product at a fair price. Then they were bought up by a parent company, and their prices went through the roof. I can't justify spending $800+ for a single 12" sub.

Scott Atwell, the designer of the RE subs left and formed Fi Audio, and offers equally good subs, at a fraction of the price.

It's simple marketing, or game theory here.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11373
yep RE comited suicide with its prices when us amps bought them over - i soooooooooo regret not buying a bunch of them when they had the big sale on dec 2005 - missed opportunity ...

another great sub which seriously lost ALL steam over night was the 12" IDmax since u cant get them to buy as much since ppl say its not in production anymore & the company says a version 4 is coming out ...been hearing that almost a yr now ......

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 326
yea by bandwagon i didnt mean that the subs werent worthy of the hype. But here on ecoustics it seems like we move from company to company. you could call them trends instead haha. Fi has won me over tho. the prices are to good to stay with Treo.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2291
RE is on ebay for almost their original prices. Not all their subs though...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2533
Who made the jaugernaut? i heard talk about it to.... but prices suck... i remember when the XXX's where going for a tad bit more the the BTL.....(ebay pricing) but claimed brand new subs...

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1608
http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 628
juggs can get pretty loud and good street beaters seen 4 15s walled in a truck that street beats all day long at 150

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2300
Back in the day MMATS Juggernauts were the sh1t!There wasn't nearly as much competition back then though.MMATS is a far better amplifier company than a sub company in my opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 29
Cant forget ppi. i never owned their subs, but their processors were a hype back then. They offered top quality crossovers and eq/s ( the noise gate, frx crossover(very flexible), and deq 230's that drastically improved any system.

i think they've been bought by orion or is it directed ?... They had the cleanest and most flexibly amps; the power art series and the earlier pc power class amps ; the best i've ever used...

Rockford made some top quality subs too.

i owned a pair of the punch power dvc's...
i ran them seal hooked up to the 1000a1..
those subs hit really hard..

the new power T1 - T3 series subwoofer have deviated far from rockford's reputation of producing quality subs...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12471
how do you pronounce "mmats"?

is it just pronounced matts or em matts?

Bronze Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 30
em-matts

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11376
well every1 i know just call it MATS ...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2323
When I've called MMATS they always say Mats as if the first M does not exist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us