Decisions...Decisions...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2365
I've been thinking a while, but wondered what to look at if I listen to a lot of classic rock and really like the SQ side of things over SPL or SQL and wondered what I could do with a $1k budget?

Thanks for the help. It may be a while before I actually buy anything.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2028
JL W6 and 500/1 amp. Best SQ system I can think of for that budget.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2366
I better save a whole lot longer then.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2032
Yeah straight SQ equipment costs big $

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2367
No doubt there. Maybe I could veer off the SQ a little bit and get like an Aurasound 15" or Fi Q15 or something like that. It won't really matter until I know what car I drive since I'm not legal driving age yet.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1101
the Q sounds like a winner...when can u drive?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2036
You could get the Q and a 1000 watt amp within your budget. That is not a absolute SQ sub though. It's more SQL leaning toward SQ, but you probably would like it.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2368
I won't be able to actually drive alone in my own car for 1.3 years.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2038
Lol counting the days there Andre?

I remember when I was that age, I couldn't wait either. Didn't get into stereo systems for a while after though.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 591
if u want more sq get smaller subs the bigger they are the more sloppy they get

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1005
^^ not nesscarily .... some subs do ... but ur saying a 10 inch q .. has better sq then a 15 in q ... ur mistaken ...if thats what ur getting at ...

if a sub is designed for sq ... different sizes wont change its sound quality or make it sloppy ...

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1102
would adding the BP power optiopn to the q make it loose sq? cuz if not then u should get a 15" Q w/ BP power and then get a Nine.1 or something like that to power it

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2369
Well, maybe like a Sundown 1500 or something.

Actually, I'm not really sure if I even want a car. I'm thinking about if I really want a car when I can get one. Sure, I'll get a license, but it may not be in use very often or until I turn an age where I really need a car more often. Now..if I get a job there would be a good reason to have a car.

I have plenty of time to make a decision anyway.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2380
I hope my first system blows the system of everyone else at my school (when they get one) out of the water. It should, since I probably know a couple things they don't.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 235
I thought this was my thread at first lol...i made a topic with the SAME name.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6053
Andre, Aurasound sub? What happened to your dream of FI??

And bigger yet is the fact that you won't be ready for 16 months. Car audio subs have a trendy lifespan of much less time than that. Wait till you're ready, then ask for suggestions. You never know what is around the corner.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 478
hahahaha 1.3 years he said. i never see years measured with decimals lmao thats great!! but really i would say buy 2 10" tc-10 OEM's n' a sundown 1500. they have wicked sq ive heard

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 480
it has the tc-2000 voice coils and a tc9 motor and a real light composite cone. woven leads. real nice subs. would be my sq system. sorta like a smaller mag :-) ofcourse cant get as loud though. they also have a huge motor n' look nice as well!!! check em out on the tc forum. they r running a special on them now.

http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1013

Gold Member

Post Number: 6056
^^^Today. Like I said. Imagine whats out there in 16 months. What's great/hip today is average/old news tomorrow. I've changed subs 3 times in 8 months.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6057
I would love to try a TC sub. I just have too many to try b4 it, and when I do, it's already outdated.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 483
not everything though. the technology might be newer but it doesn't mean better performance. jl's w6's are still regarded as one of best sq drivers made. and the mag is a good 2 years old. still jammin' today :-) your right though how quickly technology advances. kinda scary if you think hard about it.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2388
Yeah, you're right. When I say that long..I mean until I can get a Driver's License. You guys are right... and since I'm going to do HU, Comps and amps first (maybe $500-600 total budget there before sub+amp), when I get a car it may be an even longer wait.

There really are a lot of new things that will probably come out once I reach high school. We'll see. Until then...I'll stay focused on a home audio setup upgrade. Next week is the trip into the store for auditioning. I'll probably end up with some Paradigm Monitor 11's or something similar. It's anybody's guess what'll happen for the rest of my life (in audio terms) anyway. The current fronts don't have enough excursion to get good <40hz bass anyway and the rears don't have enough power. Personally, I'm caught in figuring out what I want to get. I don't know about you or what you're looking for though (obviously?).

Sorry for all the garbled up writing.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 492
yes. i'm sure 1.3 yrs from now things will with out a doubt be different. wouldn't be suprised if there were wireless subs and what not. good luck in the future though

Gold Member

Post Number: 6065
My Mag Is a beast and I love it. Why did I replace it??? Because I'm curious, and a fanatic. I have passions, like us all. B4 I got married I was a Basshead. Bumping in my camaro everywhere I went. Sh1t happens, I got divorced. Now I choose to bump when/where I can. If you love it, you'll never leave it.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2389
"If you love it, you'll never leave it."

At least not willingly..

I better get off to bed since I have a big school concert in 11 hours and have to get up for church in less than 7 hours (the concert is right after) so I don't want to be tired.

I'll see ya 'round.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us