My system...........

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2506
Well... i have been running my earthquake amp at 1ohm for about 2 months now.... and its done.... i blew apart 2 transistors and fried about 8 of them...... It happened when my alternator had the voltage drop at high rpms when i took off and bass came in.... :-( im going to get the amp warranty'ed and replace the alt. first thing... i am just fu<king>.< fu<k this sh1t!!!!!! Once i get the new amp back... i might sell it NIB.. PHD5000D 2ohm Stable 3000Rms...

They literally blew apart to... even with the clamp piece that holds it to the heatsink on it... but i still get distorted sound of of it... and one good thing... the story of earthquake amps tasking the subs out with them... i got lucky....

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1089
wut amp r u replacing it with?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2509
Im probally going to buy 2 amps that are strapable.... 1ohm stable by themself.. somthing that does like 5Krms + at 1ohm... 10Krms strapped at 2ohm..

RD 5075 im not sure on model...
Walord 5000.1
Atomic5000.1
somthing of that sort... there are quite a few choices i have found already... whatever i can get the best deal on basically since they are all pretty good builds

Gold Member

Post Number: 1091
thats gunna sound nice

Gold Member

Post Number: 2514
Its going to be a slow process tho... im only getting 1 amp to begin with... and upgrading power before i get more... or even turn the gain up to the right point...im prolly selling the earthquake so i can get the 300A... Once i get my money str8 again im buying a new car and stripping the entire intioror out of the Blazer and sound proofing it with like 4 layers or so, fix any rattle i find...ect.. i want a sweet SQL system in the blazer. I need to get a biggeer SUV in the future tho so i can do a crazy SPL system... more cargo room...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1092
gunna take some work but wil be nice in the end

Gold Member

Post Number: 2516
ya its gunna take alot of money to... but im not in a hurry with all this bs that i have goin on right now..

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2039
Hmmmm, I seem to remember a thread a while ago where you asked about running that 2 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm, and I said don't do it. That it may damage the amp over time.

Told ya

Gold Member

Post Number: 2517
But you gotta try sh1t to kno if it works... did it for 2 months fine... and look at kicker... people run them as low as .35 ohms if i remember right...rated at 1ohm or 2ohm.. i forget

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2044
Yeah, there are certain amps that are known to be stable below their rated impedance, i.e. Orion 2500d, Sundown SAZ-1500D, IA 20.1, American Bass VFL series, etc.

But if the amp doesn't have that reputation you end up being the guinea pig and probably blowing an amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2520
It was working so good tho.... 2 months of not even getting the heatsink any hotter then it got at 2ohm... the internal parts prolly did tho... but ehhh... o well.... I stuck my 2 channel 1000w kenwood on the 2 subs.. each at 2ohm right now... about 250rms to each any they still get pretty loud..comps speakers running from HU :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1111
strange how the PH2000W/D1.1 is stable at 1ohm and the PH5000W/D1.1 is only stable at 2ohm

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4719
each of those two amps are totally diferent in the inside.... diferent design..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
o
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us