DD not bumpin right...HELP PLZ

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Digital DesignsElemental De...

Post Number: 88
i have my 2 dd2512a's hooked up to a nine.1 at 1ohm, so all 4 negatives and all 4 positives are hooked together...well i noticed today that one sub is not hitting as good as the other, so i took apart my box, disconnected and reconnected the wires and it still didnt fix it....so either i fked up and still dont have a good connect or ??...one voice coil screwed up?....help

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1485
check the vc's w/ an ohm meter

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Digital DesignsElemental De...

Post Number: 89
k 2 questions....is there anything else that could cause this except for a loose connection on the sub or fked voice coil?....if it is the voice coil then what? i bought the sub about 5 months ago will dd fix it?

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1149
From this, it sounds like one of the coils on the sub that's hitting weaker may be messed up. Not sure what kind of warranty they have on it, but you may want to check that.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1561
From DD website

DD Products are covered by warranty for 1 year from date of purchase on parts and labor if installed by an authorized DD dealer/installer. If not installed by a DD authorized installer then warranty period is 6 months from date of sale on parts and labor.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 455
just in the nick of time. but u also had to fill out the little warranty paper that comes in the box. did u send that in?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2504
^? are you sure i never got one...I only got a paper talking about the Direct Connection Lead Out wires...... 9515's.....

I say the same... Check the VC out with a DMM to make sure its the same resistance..if it is, try replacing out the old wire o that sub... maybe it got fried or somthing somwhere... (ive fried 16 gauge and 12 gauge on 1000rms..wire was to long i guess..or somthing.. i was still a nub when i did this...) If that still doesnt fix the problem... push on each sub to feel a diference the VC might be rubbing also..

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7106
Check and see if one of the tinsel leads is rubbing on the spyder.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 457
yuh its a little paper about 3x5 n' its the mail in warranty card. it asks model number n' address n' all that then it asks if it was installed by a DD dealer. i guess that lets them know how long it will be covered under warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us