$2000 for subs

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 96
im looking at maybe grabbing a whole new system soon when i grab a new car. im looking at the 18 inch kickers (dont know exactly) i think its 1800 bucks tho. what sub in your opinion will keep up with quick bass, is clean, and the loudest. or two smaller? what do you guys think

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 992
take about 500 of that and work on ur electrical

then contact showrides or kevin @ low-hz.com

grab some the newly designed alphas ... for 500 dollars from RD Audio ...

spend the rest on a nice amplifier ... such as an orion 2500d or a massive 3000 and a well built enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1993
Definitely need a seriously upgraded electrical system to power any subs that cost that much. And don't get kicker, they are just about the exact opposite of "quick bass" and "clean".

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 596
I like the way Mike thinks :-) Can't disagree with that either.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Username: Piggy5891

Valley Cottage, New York USA

Post Number: 2
Yo im getting a new car but i need some top notch car audio equitment. Could somone point me in the direction of what speakers subs wires amps ect. i should buy. Im willing to spend 3-4.5 or even 5 gs on equitment. I WANT THE BEST QUALITY!!!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7108
lol your dumb if spend $2000 on subs.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1171
That's about how much 2 DDs or 2 TCs can cost...no? Seems like the right price for top notch subs.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4161
best quality as loud or sounds good or some of both?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2512
2000$? Save a lil more and get the DD Z series :-) and give it a nice review :-p

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2557
"lol your dumb if spend $2000 on subs."

When I first came back September or August of last year, I was planning on spending 2g's on just subs . If you don't remember that thread, type in "hair trick ecoustics" in the google search bar ;).

Gold Member

Post Number: 2518
you get what you pay for ;)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2560
Indeed you do. Really, you would only need about up to 1k for subs alone, 1k-1.5k in amps if you plan to run up to 8k or so in power. and about 1k for charging. More power = more $$

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2229
I would go with the LMS 52 or 5400... Both will get killer loud and sounds amazing... one of the lowest distortion speakers made..

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 907
for 2 g's well 1500 u can get DD 9525's for 400 delayed from Hornets nest and a mem 4kw for 550 from him and another 9515 nd then get ur HO alt do ur big three get soem batts and save up and get another mem 4kw and pund them DD's

I was gonna do that but i cant cut out to d's in a piece of metal ha ah FI

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1186
Can someone please get the 5200 already??? i need reviews!

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 474
lol ^^^^ at the dd in a piece of metal. but yo man where can i cop the new dd 9525's? bet they slam bro

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 909
lol god dammit 9515's u cant take my riting seriously i tend to mess up i rite to fast and dont look i gotta stop jerkin n typiin lol

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 910
damn if dd had a 9525 25inch sub that sht would own the onyl really big subs are Audiobahn wit there 32 inch sub and Mtx with the jackhammer wich both sux in there ways lol

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2049
DD quality owns everyone else...... yes FI included

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7142
^^^^Pfffft

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 944
FI are capable of gettin way over there recommended power and are much cheaper and Scott OWns all. DD is good but id take FI OVA DD NE DAY and there have neva been horror stories about FI this is just my opinion if u ask me

I'm intiteled to my opinion

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2063
You obivously don't know much about car audio, or you would know that DD subs are more underrated than FI. Not saying FI subs aren't good cause they are, but nobody holds a candle to DD in terms of quality. Make a thread asking "DD vs FI, vote for who makes the best subs" and see what kind of votes you get.

It wouldn't hurt to lean how to spell and form a sentence either.....

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 992
M.S. i said i would take FI ova dd any day and i said DD are good. My opinion is my opinion so leave it at that yeah i wanna pay 800 for a sub when i could pay 400. One more hting i had a thread FI Vs DD and it was mixxed. like i said b4 to someone else i type the way i want sumtimes i use periods n sht n sumtimes i dont i type to fast to do that

Also if i do recall in the post above u i have periods and sentences so yeah dunno what ur reading

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2068
I do remember that thread. But when you say something like this

" I was gonna do that but i cant cut out to d's in a piece of metal ha ah FI "

don't expect to not get called out for it. I guess what I should have said was "DD vs FI, vote for the best regardless of price". I would bet on the outcome of that. When you bring the price into the equation, the question changes from "which is the best" to "which is the best value for X amount". In the latter case, I would agree that FI is the winner.

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 997
LOL M.S.

"I was gonna do that but i cant cut out to d's in a piece of metal ha ah FI"

That was a joke the people that saw my thread named Rd audio vid new what i was talkin about i wasnt serious

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1194
Matt, stop arguing with the whore, he has hard time spelling and forming sentences. On top of all that, he just jumps on every bandwagon and whoever says otherwise, he tries to flame. Leave his as$ alone and leave him to himself and his ego.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2527
tacos r good

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1001
LOL at oleg

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1002
Oleg u still mad cause i think audiobahn sux dam it is just my opinion move on man

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2070
lol Oleg.....

Back to topic:

Ok, I see the joke now after reading that thread.

Now with the DD vs FI thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/349643.html

I went back and read it, and the response seems to overwhelmingly be "DD, unless you're on a budget, then FI". Which is exactly what I have always said.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2528
Once you hear a DD... you dont want to change subs again.... or you installed it wrong... LOL they are pricy tho...

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1005
i mean it is not like i said DD sux they are a great company im gettin there w6.5 midbass's cant wait

Oleg is just mad cause i said Audiobahn sux JMO oh and he has audiobahn or had or w.e, but i have to say the immortal is there more hi end sub, but in general they sux. And all he has against me is the way i rite which is sad ive been told so many times

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1195
I've just never seen intelligent people spell this way. You'll also notice that the most helpful and knowledgeable people on here spell and form their sentences correctly and consicely. From being on this forum for a few years now, I know exactly what's good and what isn't. I'm not mad at you, just puzzled by your narrow mindedness. It's also hard to take people that present themselves this way seriously.

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1012
i'm sry what i cnat understand u unless u talk da way iz do

Gold Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 1013
funny thing is i got all A's n skool but since im online an for as long as i can remember people online type like this. the only thing that i do that is dif from the way u type is no Periods or commas but sumtimes i do so i dont see what ur tryin to say . I'm done with this thread and unlike u im not gonna come back peace

And oleg go ahead and go to all my post and say im rong u to M.S. cause idc but when u say the way i type makes me dum that my friend makes u the dum one and immature have a good nite sir

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1039
I truly feel sorry for your parents...

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1196
I have better things to do than follow you around. Your spelling is not what makes you dumb, it's far beyond that at this point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2532
How bout this..... Audioburn vs Kicker (Build Quality)

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1197
I have better things to do than follow you around. Your spelling is not what makes you dumb, it's far beyond that at this point.

Gold Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1198
My friend has kicker stuff, I have audiobahn stuff...neither of us has any problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us