Best Amp for Two JL Audio 10W1V2's

Bronze Member
Username: Aaron_c

Arkansas

Post Number: 19
Pretty simple here, I need to know what my best amp choice is to push these two subs. Don't want to spend over $150.

thanks for the help

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 20
Rockford Fosgate p4002. Is there a better option that you guys know of? This amp was recommended by a friend to power them. What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 915
i thnk that would work. set your gains accordingly

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1975
RF punch series aren't that great.

Well those subs come in SVC 4 ohm or 8 ohm. So you need a good quality amp that does 300 watts at 4 ohms or 2 ohms.

If you get the 8 ohm subs:

US Amps AX 500DE
US Amps MD.1D
Alpine MRP-M650

If you get the 4 ohm subs:

Alpine MRP-M450
Kicker ZX300.1

And I'm sure there are more good amps out there.

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 21
Thanks for all the suggestions M.S., I appreciate it. One other question though. I don't understand how the JL Audio subs (150w RMS) outperform the MTX4500's (225W RMS). Does JL underrate and MTX overrate, or am I just missing something? lol thanks for the reply.

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 22
Oh, and which would you recommend? The 8 ohms or the 4 ohms? I don't quite understand which is better (I understand what ohms are and everything, just not which is better).

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4527
Jl is better than MTX. There's no difference between 8 ohm and 4 ohm versions. IS just wiring options. If i were you, i'd pick 4 ohm SVC, cuz you can find cheaper amps. 2 8 ohm SVc aren't bad either, that way you can for example, get a kicker zx 750.1 that will do the job and if you wan't to upgrade, you still have a good amp for the job

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 24
I think I'm going to get these two speakers with the kicker zx300.1 amp, but I have to admit, I'm worried about paying extra to put less powerful subs in lol. Oh well, you guys are definitely the experts, so I have faith in you.

thanks for all the help, and if I need anything else, I'll post the questions here.

Bronze Member
Username: Orange93

BF , Idaho

Post Number: 38
Hey aaron I have an Alpine mrp-350 that I used to power 2 jl w1v2 12's that i'm selling. Does 350w at 2 ohm. If you're interested hit me up at josh_hawk_boy@hotmail.com.

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 25
Nah, I am getting rid of my 12's this coming Tuesday because they won't fit under my rear seat. Thanks for the offer though.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1984
MTX 4500s probably would be louder if they were on 250 watts each. But JL should have a little better sound quality and build quality.

Does the box come with those subs in it? If so, just keep them and get a 500 watt amp.

The bottom line is that you're not going to be able to build a loud system with such a small box. If you look at people who have powerful system, most of them have 2-4 cu.ft. per sub enclosures.

Bronze Member

Arkansas

Post Number: 26
Yeah, the box comes with the MTX 4500's in it, but I've found a used one that is empty, so I'm probably getting it. On Crutchfield, the enclosures (w/ 4500's and amp)are $650. On ebay, the enclosure with just the 4500's are $260 (with like $40 shipping..). I'm getting a used empty box for $175 shipped.

I mostly listen to rock and country, so sound quality is extremely important. I'm really hoping the new JL's will perform better than my Comp VR's as far as sound quality goes, because I know they will be nowhere near as loud, due to having less than half the power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us