Second battery.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1080
Well I got this marine deep cycle battery for free and wanna hook it up in my trunk. I already have a battery box and am just wondering if I need to run a ground wire from the front battery or if the ground I am currently using for my amp will be good enough??

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1024
no u run a power wire from the front batt. on the negitive post of the second battery u ground to tthe frame of ur car as close to the battery as possible...like you did for ur amp

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4684
yes u can wire it to the fround but a run from pos and neg will be a best choice less voltage drop

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4685
i think snarl u want to wire the batteries in series that will give you 18 volts or 16 and thats not safe for your car.. u might end up blowing the computer car.... wire it parralel pos to pos and neg to neg.. i have one run of pos and one run for neg... but one run for pos and neg grounded also works

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1025
ooo.good to no.

so you run wire from neg in front to neg in back...you dont ground out the second batt in the back to the chasse

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1081
I know two runs would be the best I was just wondering if it would work.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 292
You CAN ground out the 2nd battery in the back. It won't be a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2695
I am working on a dual voltage system... My front starting battery is 12V, back battery is dual voltage, has posts for 12v and 16V (17.8V fully charged). The alt has an external voltage regulator which charges the 16V battery at 19.2V and a run of 1/0ga feeds the starting battery. Amps are the only thing that sees the increased voltage. Should be done soon, working on box right now...Polo.. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us