OT: Lawsuit

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6170
Talk about going too far, here's an article on Yahoo China getting sued.
Seriously, these leeches need to get a life/real job.

"A court has ordered Yahoo Inc.'s China subsidiary to pay US$27,000 for aiding music piracy, the company and a music industry group said Tuesday.

The ruling came amid U.S. pressure for Beijing to stop rampant copying of music and other goods.

The lawsuit filed by the International Federation of Phonographic Industries accused Yahoo China of violating copyrights because <b>its search engine linked to sites<b> that carried 229 pirated songs. It was filed on behalf of 11 recording companies including Sony BMG, Warner Music, EMI and Universal Vivendi."

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 237
That is the most f u ckin retarted thing i have read. Hell lets sue all the car manufacturing companies too because drugs are smuggled in them. And lets also sue all the other search engines that show results based on KEYWORDS. This truely is stupid and f*ck anyone who beleives this is right. Unless yahoo is somehow promoting this link i see nothing wrong with going to ANY search engine and having these links pop up. They are everywhere and maybe they should take the time to find and prosicute the people that own these sites. But record companies wont do that because there is no money for them...no, they go for the gusto. A big f uck u to them.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 551
^^^What he said

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1922
This is like the bogus lawsuit that the state of California filed against the auto companies because the cars pollute their air.....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4118
yeah thats all BS just a bump of money hungrywhores

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 942
27k? That's like you or me dropping a penny on the ground as far as Yahoo is concerned.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1328
Its about the princible though. If this happens in China and succeeds, it opens doors for it to happen here in the U.S.

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 239
That is very true. We have more than enough frivolous law suits and could do very well without these. I just honestly don't see how they could even complain. Its called a freakin search engine. Its made to show anything and everything based on YOUR input. Like I said if they were somehow promoting or had some direct affiliation then by all means sue.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 488
BS, do you guys know that when you buy blank cds, you are paying a tax for piracy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6174
Oh yeah, we pay higher rate in Canada. Somehow those leeches convinced our idiot governments that anyone purchasing blank CDs are all pirates. It doesn't matter that some buy it to make backups.
Just cause consumers got smarter with their money, the record companies are trying to make same profit as in the past by suing, taxing things secretly, and suing some more.
Whenever the CD sales dip, they complain to the governments saying it's due to pirates. Why can't they understand that, people are no longer willing to pay $16 for 1 or 2 good songs?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12400
damn all this talk about piracy makes me think about like 5-6 years ago. i downloaded over 80gig of music from napster. the good old days. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6175
Napster was the best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us