Need Help Choosing Amp

Username: Aaron_c

Arkansas

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, first post here for me. I've been reading here for a while, and it seems very informative, so I decided to register and start posting.

Anyway, now to my question. I am going to put two Audiobahn ALUM10N 10" subs in a Thunderform box in my truck, and I was wondering what amp(s) I would need to power them. Am I going to have trouble powering these subs due to the fairly high RMS power rating (800)?

thanks for answering all my questions. Hopefully I can learn some from them and figure out how all this works, and I won't have to ask any more stupid questions lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1894
Ok, first of all Audiobahn subs are not very good. If you didn't already buy them, post a question in the sub section and people there will help with sub choices. If you do already have them, post the voice coil configs (ohms) so we can pick out an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4139
first post the vc's of the subs and your budget.

also, you didn't already buy them already did you? if so, can you return them?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4140
beat me to it:-)

Arkansas

Post Number: 2
Thank goodness, I didn't already buy them...I just had them picked out. Thanks a ton for pointing out the suckyness of Audiobahn's, because I've never had experience with them.

Here's the deal. I need two 10" subs to go in the Thunderform (comes with two MTX 225w subs, they are not loud enough), and an amp. Should I delete this thread and start a new one and have you guys help me build my system in another part of the forum?

And I would like to spend around $300, no more than $350 for the two subs and the amp.

thanks

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4142
yes, start a new thread in the sub section. and you'll want a new box for the new subs also.

Arkansas

Post Number: 3
I'm going to be using an MTX Thunderform box I think...I want it to fit under the seat, and the design of the tray under the rear seat makes it very difficult to build a custom box (the piece you'd replace the box with has cupholders and stuff on the ends).

Thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us