Help deciding sub and amp...

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 849
so i took out my 2 10"cvrs and a8002t and i think i got them sold for about 500$(with 4awg kit)...anyways im down to 2 subs...
1-http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4915
2-http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2148

i want the mmats more, but if someone convinces me that the re will be jsut as loud and have good sq(which i know the dreadnaut does) then ill go with that....im pretty stuck on these two subs...
and im looking at a kicker kx1200.1, rockfordt1001bd, ednine.1, and a sundown amp...not sure which one yet..would really like to use ebay for the amp, cant find the sub(mmats) on ebay...so thanks for help in advance...any other amp recommendations would be great..

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1014
both nice subs. ide prob go with the mmats.

have u consitered a Fi.Q or Fi.Bl?
alot cheaper and in my opinion just about as good

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 850
yeah i have but ive had my eye on the dreadnaut for so long...its such a sick sub...i jsut really want it lol....but yeah im still gunna look around some more...any thoughts on the amp/

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2150
Both are very nice subs, but you could get a better deal on the SX than the dreadnaught... you could also get two nice 500-750 watts subs for the price of that dreadnaught, and probably get louder, depending on how much room you have..

If you are going to go with the kicker or the rockford you should be aware that both amps are underrated and you will see more power than it says they have. That Rockford will probably put out somewhere around 1500 watts and that kicker will prolly put out 13-1400 watts... Consider this because you may need a upgraded charging system for both of those amps...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1896
I would go with the SX, and at least a 2000 watt amp for it

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 851
yeah i already have a 150amp h/o alt, so i could use both amps...but where could a get a better deal on the re sub...and im talking to kevin from low hz right now,,,are rd subs any good? compared to the re and the mmmats...thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us