Wrapping my box

Bronze Member
Username: Pnut2110

Post Number: 36
What kind of material would be best to warap my box in? It needs to be attractive not the plain normal type box caroet?

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 647
vinyl...or you could paint it real nice

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 314
You could try bedliner; I have seen good results with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 39
Ive done boxes with carpet,auto leather, auto paint and bedliner. bedliner is messy but realy durable, its the only way to do a box that is ported from the bed of truck. auto paint can take time because you need to fill and sand to get it perfect, you will see every flaw if you messed up an edge, corner, or screw home fill. the auto leather or viynl arent to bad but like the paint you can see flaws under it so do same prep work filling screws routing corners and sanding. carpet is all around good, it is affordable, looks good and pretty durable. there are a couple of way's to carpet them that is what you need to decide, you can inset the end's, or run a router line around box at both ends and tuck carpet edges in staple and stretch a 1/4 piece of carpet out and press in.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2374
How bout 1/4 foam backed headliner maretial. Get it at auto upohlstery shops or online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-yd-FOAM-BACKED-Headliner-Upholstery-Fabric-20-COLORS_W0QQi temZ170109720593QQihZ007QQcategoryZ28160QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 195
mesodumm what part of az you from?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 42
I am from Prescott!! Awesome place to live!!! where you from?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 43
The foam backed stuff would work but you have to put a seem, joint or fold in it at endsor corners to make it work out I helped with a Deville a few years back he had whole car upohlstered "spelled that wrong I think" so box had to match it to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Its cool to see someone else from az here lol I am from phoenix i go to flagstaff all the time during the winter i love it. What kind of system you have?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 44
OH! YA!!! Flagstaff is AWESOME!!! we try and get there as often as possible!! Even if it is just to go drive around in the cinder pits, or all the forestry roads. You can see my system on my myspace page it is www.myspace.com/uroc97tj I got into Memphis Car Audio about 6 years ago whe my Bro-N-Law owned Tribal Car Audio of St.Goerge, UT. I built all there boxes, door panels and everything custom trunks. So whats your system?? talk later! Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
Thats awesome everything fits perfect i wish i knew how to fiberglass. My system is a Rockford Fosgate 800.2 and two 12" kicker cvr's in a ported box built by me:-) nothing like DIY lol

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 50
cool!! you used mdf didn't you?? I want to get a hold of that Trupan Light.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
d@mn my bad man i havent been on much and i completely forgot about this thread sorry. Yeah i used mdf i am gonna make another box this weekend for two 12" rockford he2 with a flared slot port. whats Trupan Light?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 81
Fisher Customs uses it, it cost more but he say's is better than MDF I think 80% of the wieght or something like that. I tried to find it up here but everyone has to order it! Did you already get all the specs for your new box?? I have been thinking about doing a new box in my jeep, I like the one in there but I think I can get atleast 1 cu.ft. more in it! Plus I think I am going to add a pair of 8" up in the rear corners. Here's a link Fisher Customs thread so you can see the trupan light. Have a good one! https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/355020.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
That guy makes some really nice boxes. I was thinking 3.6 cf tuned to 34hz RF reccomends 2.0 for each sub but due to space this is what i could fit what do you think? I saw your thread in the sub section you have any amps that do 1000+?

Bronze Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 98
Alot of time if my cu.ft. is off I actually contact the subs tech support. and they will put it in there computer and give you details.. The box programs are nice but you always have to remember these companies spends crap loads of money in R&D of there product so if anyone knows there product better, It would be them!! I tune mine 34hz to 38hz as much as I can That is the area I like the way they sound. What was it going in? Your vehicle? Let me know! I have the pdf of your sub but for some reason it won't load from this computer

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Well its for my friend he has a 2002 impala they are gonna be powered by a rockford 800a2.

I also have a powerbass sub right now i have it in a 2.1cf box tuned to 36hz you think i should go bigger? I am powering it with a a rockford 700s in a 91 ford thunderbird. http://www.hpdistributinginc.com/hpdist/shopexd.asp?id=3335

thanks man

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1108
i got a place out in lake havasu :-) sure u guys know where that is

Silver Member

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 112
H*LL YA!!!! HAVASU RULES!!! That place is awesome I wanted a place there but my wifes family is here. So we ended up getting 3 acres 6,120 sq ft home and Jeeps, Jeeps, Jeeps and her Escalade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us